Check the NEW aluminum TEQ badge! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael B

SILVER Star
Threads
Check out the new badge for my 45. Contact bhicks here on Mud or at his email address amlkeeling@aol.com They also come in different colors!

TEQ 1.jpg
TEQ 2.jpg

That's actually really cool!

looks 3D printed

Yup, and if you shoot about 5 coats of clear on something like that is smooths right out. I did that with the BJ74 "turbo" emblems I had made up....

thanks for posting those pictures.those pictures do make the parts look very 3d printed but understand that was a very first prototype and there's a lot of fiddling before you get a file to print perfectly smooth. it took me about 4 more prototypes to get that print dialed in. I do have some more updated pictures on my website that show this smoother version. it takes a lot of work to make a 3d printed part not look 3d printed. every file seems to have its own unique challenges.here is the link: www.bh3dprinting.com

Though I have a reproduction from Shane, and Cruiserparts.net has these, doing one of these as an actual emblem would be interesting too.

51a9302e3c813c37795dc58b876ea68e.image.733x550.JPG

thanks for posting those pictures.those pictures do make the parts look very 3d printed but understand that was a very first prototype and there's a lot of fiddling before you get a file to print perfectly smooth. it took me about 4 more prototypes to get that print dialed in. I do have some more updated pictures on my website that show this smoother version. it takes a lot of work to make a 3d printed part not look 3d printed. every file seems to have its own unique challenges.here is the link: www.bh3dprinting.com

Yeah but like the ride in an old 45, perfectly smooth would be out of place.

Though I have a reproduction from Shane, and Cruiserparts.net has these, doing one of these as an actual emblem would be interesting too.

51a9302e3c813c37795dc58b876ea68e.image.733x550.JPG
That would be extremely easy to make. Is that the image/decal that originally went in that oval?

would any of the fj45 guys be interested in that traditional 4x4 badge?

That traditional badge is readily avail. Few bucks at sor or.other

I would be in for one also

I will put something together this week and have a prototype for you guys by this coming weekend.

I got a prototype made up. I used the same dimensions off of the FJ45 TEQ tailgate badge; so fitment should be perfect. I'm thinking about making one with the honeycomb background so the flat background is hidden; which makes it look less 3D printed. What do you guys think?

I was thinking of bead-blasting or sanding to remove the printing lines/marks on the visible parts, then painting...how well do you think it would hold up?

I was thinking of bead-blasting or sanding to remove the printing lines/marks on the visible parts, then painting...how well do you think it would hold up?

Paint will stick to this plastic, but I don't know how well it would hold up in the elements. If you look at my site www.bh3dprinting.com there are emblems with a "honeycomb" background that hide the 3D printed lines REALLY well. I could do the 4x4 badge with the honeycomb background on Thursday (that will be my next chance to have my printer available). I already have the FJ45 TEQ badge made with the honeycomb; so swapping that over to the 4x4 badge would be very easy. The pic below shows the honeycomb pattern but the lettering in that pic is still a tad rough. A good acetone bath will make that nice and smooth which is how they will be shipped. Here's what that one looks like.

U all and ur modern toys. That is pretty cool technology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom