Check Out the Rear Tail Light Seals/Lenses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In celebration of my 100th post, thought I would put together some pics of my rear-end face lift -- NEW Rer Light seals thanks to SLOCRUISERS. John has been Great to work with. The passenger side mold still needs some tweeks but the Left (driver's side) fits really well. Anybody have a good seal to make a mold in case John (SLOCRUISERS) can not get the passenger side tweeked?

Check it out! Starting with the BEFORE Shots
DS Rear Tail Seal Web.jpg
PS Rear Tail Seal Web.jpg
Rear Paint Before Cleanup.jpg

Now for the after.... more to come.

Not so god fit on the passenger side seal but excellent fit on the Drivers Side. Passenger adhesions in the mold --- John has had them fixed but I have not yet acquired.
Left Rear Light-Seal After.jpg
PassengerSide Rear Gasket Poor Fit2.jpg
PassengerSide Rear Gasket Poor Fit1.jpg

See Bubble in Driver's Side Mold -- John is fixing this. Affects tightness of fit of seal (air gap in corner of seal).

Passenger Side -- see removal of adhesions through surgery -- Toothpics mark location of adhesions. John has fixed this mold... waiting to hear if the fit is better. John was selling these on EBay a few weeks ago. I got his info from this forum.
FJ55 LeftTL Bubble.jpg
FJ55 RightTL.jpg
PassengerSide Rear Gasket Modification.jpg

Dressing it up sure does help the look -- still have a LONG WAY to go.

75PIG
Rear Paint After Cleanup.jpg
PassengerSide Cleanup Rub Comp.jpg

thats awesome looks very nice! all the bad rubber on my junk makes me worry but its looking like things are getting to the market place :cool:

does he also carry the red lenses or did you get them from somewhere else, i am in need :D

:cheers:

does he also carry the red lenses or did you get them from somewhere else, i am in need :D

:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Not sure if he has the lenses. I got them off of EBay about a year ago. Finally got the rubber to put them all together.

Good Luck

i didnt know he had the all red ones, ill shoot him a PM

thanks

I know I have an original factory unused tailight gasket. I'll need to check my stash to see which side it is. Are you sure he needs one?

I just had the front window gasket replaced with the gasket from John as well as the rear cargo gaskets replaced with the ones from Seth at PV Cruisers. I also have his tailgate window weatherstrip. Good stuff all and worth it for a weatherproof piggy!!

Does anyone have a source for the lower tailgate weatherstrip?

I know I have an original factory unused tailight gasket. I'll need to check my stash to see which side it is. Are you sure he needs one?

I just had the front window gasket replaced with the gasket from John as well as the rear cargo gaskets replaced with the ones from Seth at PV Cruisers. I also have his tailgate window weatherstrip. Good stuff all and worth it for a weatherproof piggy!!

Does anyone have a source for the lower tailgate weatherstrip?

Don't know for sure if he needs the "right" passenger side gasket... he was working modifications due to the adhesions that I encountered --- after I removed the adhesions, I still did not get the best fit (a little long and tall - no body damage on the rig) so thought that the "donor" from his vehicle may not quite be right --- I told John I would post to see if anybody had a donor.

The "left" or driver's side was an excellent fit -- I am very pleased with the materials ---

I need the weatherstrip for the entire rear door and glass too -- will have to wait a bit longer to make my PIG weather tight.

I appreciate anybody taking on the challenge to make this stuff -- John has done a good job and has done good by me. His efforts to help us restore these old PIGs is honorable --- Good to hear the "rear door and window" weatherstripping are good products @ PV Cruisers -- I think John @ Slocruisers also has some of these products.

Well I dug through the parts bin and I have a new in the bag Toyota part number 81557-60090 which is labeled Pad, Comb/Lamp and I believe it is the right hand side.

If someone wants to make copies for the pig community I have a virgin "in the bag" never been used one to copy!

This is listed on www.sor.com as discontinued and no longer available.

I'm still looking for the lower tailgate weatherstripping. I could also use the small rear door window weatherstripping as well as mine are cracked.

Last edited:
Well I dug through the parts bin and I have a new in the bag Toyota part number 81557-60090 which is labeled Pad, Comb/Lamp and I believe it is the right hand side.

If someone wants to make copies for the pig community I have a virgin "in the bag" never been used one to copy!

This is listed on www.sor.com as discontinued and no longer available.

I'm still looking for the lower tailgate weatherstripping. I could also use the small rear door window weatherstripping as well as mine are cracked.

Sent John your response via EMail ''' see if he is interested. Sorry, I have been busy with spring sports with 4 kids. Have had no time for the Cruiser work that I need to do.

Also, I have not looked at the SWINE resource thread for info on gasket materials.... will look '' thanks Luke111.

Thanks

I've got the lower tailgate weatherstrip from John. I'm waiting on the small black clips to install it.
Any ideas on the weatherstrip for the small fixed windows in the rear doors?

I sent my virgin, new in the bag, right taillight seal off today so John will have an OEM unit to work with (that should be good for 'Cruiser "karma").

John says he's planning on the 1/4 window (rear door) weather stripping by the end of the year.

CG

That is great news! Can't wait for the replacement--- I too will need the small rear window seals -- in the future. Thanks for the contribution.... John says he knows you from Guatemala... this forum is great for links.

CG

That is great news! Can't wait for the replacement--- I too will need the small rear window seals -- in the future. Thanks for the contribution.... John says he knows you from Guatemala... this forum is great for links.

Hey, where abouts are you in Washington state? I'm from B.C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom