Check out the PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is your pig at Iron Pig still? I've been wanting to check out that place. It would be cool to see your rig up close while I was there.

That is SWEET!!!!!

Cruiser Ken,

Yes the truck is still at Iron Pig. Lance, John, and the rest of the guys there are doing a great job. They are very receptive and Lance will go out of his way to help find any information you need. The 55 is coming together pretty quickly now, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can have it on the road.

Ryan.

That is sweet. Good height, I like the idea of 80 series axles (where'd you get them BTW?). Looking good.

dude, that its going to be awesome with that motor, swwwweeeeettttttttttttttttttttttt!
wish i had a beast motor like that in my 60!!!!

Looks great.

If you do not mind when all is done, a little write up and cost breakdown, if you are cool with that?

I wish I would have started a little earlier with the pictures, and write up. Really the project hasn't been to difficult to this point. I attribute a huge part of that to the time I spent here and on pirate. The amount of knowledge shared between these two websites is amazing. SRAFJ40 I will try to do a much more detailed write up later, after everything is up and running. This project like many is going to be hard to do an acurate cost break down, due to the amount of small things that add up very quickly. I will do my best to be accurate, but don't hold me to anything ;) Besides I can't really let my wife know what I am spending.

Ryan.

scott i really like the way you cut the fenders, same way i would do mine. i cant wait to see how you do the rears. my plan is to move the axle back a few inches and cut only the rear portion.

Rhino,

I was originally planning on moving the rear axle back about 3-4" but I have changed my mind after staring at the rear for a couple of hours. I couldn't figure out how to make the lines in the door look right if I moved the axle. So my plan is to open the rear opening about 1 1/2"-2" by cutting out the lip and then cutting the rear overhang out and replacing it with some 2"X3" square tube with a 1 1/2" round step, so that the rear overhang will match my rockers when they are finished. I think that with the overhang cut out and having the truck sprung over and on 37's I should be good to go for the type of exploration/wheeling I am into.

Ryan.

Nice HEADLINER

I'm just impressed with the nice headliner. And the clean, well-lit, well-equipped shop environment.

that's gonna be kickass.

what about the fulltime transfer-is that how you wanted it???? just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom