check out the contol panel I made.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
almost done, just need to finish the cut-out for a CB next to the heater/ac controls.

what do you think?
control panel.jpg

no bling, just sanded aluminum.

if it doesn't have a practical function, it won't be in this ride.

That thing is awesome....can ya take some more pics please..some of the back to see how it's mounted to the rest of the dash.

Thanks, Chuck

Are you planning on putting any paint on that or just leaving the nice aluminum finish?

Questions?

Did you do away with the ash tray? So the open area of metal is for the CB?? What kind of CB are you going to install?

here is another pic, this time of the back.

as you can see I got rid of all the mounts and brackets as everything will mount directly to the back of the panel. I used the same holes for the original panel just made them a bit bigger.

no paint, I like the way the aluminum looks.

no ash tray either. I am going to use one of those smaller CBs. I think it is a cobra. not really sure yet, many choices.
control panel 2.jpg

Sweeeet

how thick is it?

what tools did you use to cut square holes?

thanks

3/8"

drill, jig-saw and lots of hand filing.

That looks awesome. Where did you get the aluminum to do that? I would love to do that mod.

:beer:

scrap yard. pretty cheap. I have a piece about 2'x5'. think it cost me $30 (not completely sure, I bought it over 6 months ago)

I am planning to use the rest as trim on the new boogiedownnm custom door panels. update to follow.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom