Check out my PCV repair! please help.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really have to start putting a little more faith in myself..
A recent thread regarding PCV hose, valve and grommet saw someone tell me I shouldn't be afraid to pull the old hose off, just twist it a bit! they say.

I knew it was hard to remove and probably should have put a little more faith in myself, but I though, ohhh no, I'm just a noob, what would I know! Please see pics. Parts are 10 days away... Will this be o.k in the mean time?
009.jpg
010.jpg
012.jpg

Last edited:
Even I laughed when I saw the last pic. This hose is rock hard, has no flex left in it and is coated with oil on the inside (don't know if this is normal), The valve is very hard to remove by the way. I had monkey grips on it after I'd pulled the hose apart with my bare hands trying to remove it and it wiggles but isn't going anywhere in a hurry. I'll have to wait until the parts arrive so I can see what they look like/where I may be going wrong before going in blind.

Use a utility knife to cut the hard piece off of the pcv valve and put a temp hose on there until you get the parts.
Reuse the existing hose by just cutting a little bit off the end that broke to clean it up and install with hose clamp.
The duct tape will not hold and the pvc valve will make a mess on top of your engine.

and think about adding an oil catch in the line when you repair it. I just put one on less than 500 miles ago and it already has about a tablespoon of oil collected.

I use an inline filter/can as well and it definitly keeps the crud out

I'd have gone with some Elmers Wood Glue, but that's just how I roll....

Excellent idea, thanks for that Kid, you learn something new every day!

Use a utility knife to cut the hard piece off of the pcv valve and put a temp hose on there until you get the parts.
Reuse the existing hose by just cutting a little bit off the end that broke to clean it up and install with hose clamp.
The duct tape will not hold and the pvc valve will make a mess on top of your engine.

I dont know if it is going to help you but but before you going to start removing your PCV valve warm up the engine and use some penetration oil. It helped me a lot and i did mine in less than 20 min. Grommet was hard as a rock. Also put some thin wire around the grommet it will help preventing grommet failing apart into the valve cover.

Thankx man.

What does happen if some falls in I wonder?
And did you just use force to pull the valve from the grommet? Or te entire valve AND grommet at once? I'm not sure how it all looks so don't know how to do it just yet until parts arrive.

Just picked up a new straight but flexible hose from Repco that fits perfectly, chucked a couple of screw clamp tighteners on instead of the stock loose butterfly clamps and Bob's me uncle, fixed! Also will buy some to replace my charcoal canister hoses soon, just need to get the right sizing, they're brittle as..

Last edited:
Well i tried to take mine out and it broke and fell right in. What it did is just fall straight down about 2in and it gets traped in a little square area that looks kinda like a cage. I just got me some tweezers and tried to pull it out and then it broke in half.... but that turned out to be a good thing used the tweezers again and got the two broken pieces right out. easy money but it did have me scared at first.

Now THAT'S what I want to hear, thanks!

Well i tried to take mine out and it broke and fell right in. What it did is just fall straight down about 2in and it gets traped in a little square area that looks kinda like a cage. I just got me some tweezers and tried to pull it out and then it broke in half.... but that turned out to be a good thing used the tweezers again and got the two broken pieces right out. easy money but it did have me scared at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom