Check out my knob... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As with a lot of shift knobs mine was missing the aluminum shift pattern insert. I work at a machine shop so I modified mine. The insert is made from thin anodized aluminum plate. I had the text done using a laser engraver. I kinda like the way it turned out.
Knob.jpg

thats awesome man

The thread title had me a bit nervous but it wasn't started buy junk so i figgerd it was ok..

That does look nice..

I want a green one that says PIMP :grinpimp:

You would.......:D

i wouldnt mind one either, mite be a way to make some money. :D

yeah I like that better than PIMP................TEQPIMP would work ;)

GetsUThere said:
That looks great. What about doing a TEQ one?

not as classy, but I made one too, with just the shift pattern, I've still got the file, it is just cut out of lamicoid plastic, like they use for electrical tags, most engraving and awards shops can supply/cut it, the advantage of the plastic is that the laser cuts it out too, so it's really fast and cheap, and self adhesive.
if anyone wants the file, let me know. It might run you 3 or 4 bucks to get it cut, and there are usually lots of colours available

here's a bad picture: http://tinypic.com/eznc7r.jpg

I think that this is an aftermarket shifter, it can be resized easily you have a smaller knob :D

I don't know about making some money...a new original knob costs $25-$30?

I had to mill-down the top of the knob flat and recessed a bit so the aluminum disc would sit flush. The laser engraver is pretty cool. It can even engrave a jpeg - it looks like a b&w photo!

I'll run some numbers at work tomorrow.

Next I'm gonna have a battery hold-down bar made. - Anodized with something engraved on top (FJ40, Toyota, Land Cruiser, ...PIMP ;) )

i think that looks great. You might have stumbled upon a great idea. When i had my 5 speed 4runner i had to settle for an 8ball shifter knob.

lunyou

A replacment shift instruction plaque for the glove box showing the Toy Box +Orion options would be cool to.

Hi
Lo1 2.28:1
Lo2 4.00:1
LoStupid 9.12:1

:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom