Check my part numbers please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Threads
Making a shopping list, checking it twice.
Have a box from Kurt for a knuckle jobs. Have 4 new GM TREs for a Luke's Hi-Steer.
Was preparing myself to do stuff. Met a guy, a professional wrench, who can get me a brake job for a set price. But only if i order from napa.
"While I'm in there". I figure.
This is for a 12/'74 axle housing, usual Toyota disc brake swap; mini knuckles, 60 rotors, v6 4runner calipers.
And giving anybody an incorrect part number is embarrassing.
So far i got:
4885799 for rotors ( i want the rotors where i don't have to drill holes if i don't have to)
1168xa for one caliper
1168xb for the other
(Or are the nugeon nug9701512a/b better?)
Up7069 for pads
Or are ss7069 better? (Is ultra premium better than premium?)
Thank you for your time and effort.

@Pighead , I have some pn#’s for the calipers, they don’t match what you have, but I’m guessing they’ll be different across manufacturers or suppliers.

**EDIT: 1992 - 1995 4Runner V6**
The Raybestos #’s are -
FRC10375 (R-Side)
FRC10376 (L-Side)

Centric #’s are -
Centric 141.44159 (Right)
Centric 141.44160 (Left)

I’ve double checked these numbers through eBay, but haven’t cross-referenced through NAPA or other part store.

Last edited:
We use napa exclusively at my shop, I can use our online parts lookup tomorrow morning from the real computer at the shop(phoneposting from home) and verify these numbers if you'd like. For what it's worth I always use the ss grade pads and have never had any complaints or problems with them.

4885799 for rotors-- Napa shows these to be correct for landcruisers 1981-1990.
1168xa caliper shows fitment for pickups/4runners 79-85 (rh) includes pad pins
1168xb caliper same fitment, only lh. includes pad pins
nug9701512a/b. near as I can tell, same as above only include the pad retainer pins AND springs.
for slightly more money (10.00 each) numbers CAL SE1371 and CAL SE1372 will be calipers that have been painted black and include the pad retainer pins/springs. all the caliper numbers you supplied are bare iron.
ss7069 pads- these are the ones I'd use. shows fitment for 4runner 84-88, land cruiser 76-90, and pickups 79-88.

let me know if any of this isn't what you were expecting to see and I can go back in and double check but it all appears correct to me.

I can't get CAL SE 1371, 72 to come up on my phone. Are those for shops only?

Ok, found 'em on google. Says it wont fit a 84, 85 or 86 4runner and not available in my area. Local store found 1 in Connecticut and the other cannot be found at all

Ok, found 'em on google. Says it wont fit a 84, 85 or 86 4runner and not available in my area. Local store found 1 in Connecticut and the other cannot be found at all
Weird, found the numbers looking up by application as a 85 pickup. Here's a shot showing application guide and all the inventory they've got spread out in warehouses across the country. Tells me I could have em both here by Feb 2.

KIMG0670.JPG

KIMG0668.JPG

KIMG0669.JPG

Wierd indeed. Perhaps i have an under-performing local shop or you can't have those in Ca because they cause cancer.
I'm going to run this by my mechanic buddy, see what he can do.
Thank you for your help.

Wierd indeed. Perhaps i have an under-performing local shop or you can't have those in Ca because they cause cancer.
I'm going to run this by my mechanic buddy, see what he can do.
Thank you for your help.
I'd say either scenario is equally likely. you could always just get the nug9701512a/b (if you need the pad springs) or the 1168xx if you don't, and throw your own coat of paint at em. or don't, and just let em rust... it certainly won't affect their ability to squeeze pads. either way, glad I could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom