Check My Hose.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About to pull the trigger on replacing all the heater hoses. This is the list I have compiled and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's for a 99 TLC.
(3) 99556-20200 Hose, Water

(2) 87245-6A090 Hose, Water

16282-50040 Hose, Water Bypass

15777-50030 Hose, Oil Cooler

87245-6A180 Hose, Heater Water Outlet A

87245-6A190 Hose, Heater Water, Outlet B

87245-6A201 Hose, Rear Heater Water, Inlet A

87245-6A210 Hose Heater Water Inlet B

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Patrick

Make sure you do not forget the heater hose T's and, if needed, new clamps.

So here's the scoop on the upcoming repair. My A/C wasn't holding charge for more than a couple weeks. No visible leak, so after researching here I decided it's the evaporator core. Since that's a massive PITA job including pulling the dash, I went ahead and ordered the evaporator core, heater core, dryer dessicant, expansion valve, compressor, and condensor. All I have left to get are the related hoses which I think I have a fairly complete list based on the diagrams I've seen. With nearly 300k on some of these parts, it's just logical to replace them and hope to get the same all over again.
Based on the above, if you were doing this job and would do anything else "while you are in there", please let me know. I have no desire to pull the dash again for a long time.

So here's the scoop on the upcoming repair. My A/C wasn't holding charge for more than a couple weeks. No visible leak, so after researching here I decided it's the evaporator core. Since that's a massive PITA job including pulling the dash, I went ahead and ordered the evaporator core, heater core, dryer dessicant, expansion valve, compressor, and condensor. All I have left to get are the related hoses which I think I have a fairly complete list based on the diagrams I've seen. With nearly 300k on some of these parts, it's just logical to replace them and hope to get the same all over again.
Based on the above, if you were doing this job and would do anything else "while you are in there", please let me know. I have no desire to pull the dash again for a long time.
Like literally, no leaks its the A/C Compressor that needs replacing 9/10 times; just get a mechanic to take it off and put the original Denso AC compressor.

DO NOT get aftermarket job. Don't do anything else until that is done. Then sell those parts or return for refund.

EDIT: After that , Also doesn't hurt to get a good evapourator cleaner foam and give the evap a good clean. By now there would be all sorts of gunk clinging to the fins, in some cases u may have to open it up and check for debree like dead bee's, leaves and all sorts of s*** inside the evap housing.

Heater Ts is a seperate job, nothing to do with the AC system but I can see why owners of US vehicles get it done. Those T pieces become pretty brittles and manky. We dont have the Ts in Australia, they are just straight line connections. (why I do not know yet)

If you need to get an AC place to look at the system first, worth it as I think quotes are free anyway. I do not know why forum users always want to change everything. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom