Check Engine Light and VSC Track and VSC Off Warning Lights Come On

Hello. I have a (somewhat new to me) 2004 LC. And I've had issues with the CEL & VSC Track and VSC Off warning lights coming on. I've reviewed a number of posts about this issue and learned a few things. The main thing being that something triggers the CEL Light -- which in turn causes the VSC Track and VSC Off lights to come on. That there is not a problem with the VSC. The causes that I have read about are myriad - including the gas cap not sealing properly, and wet computer electronics. In my case replacing the gas cap did not help.

I have noticed that this issue would occur (sometimes - not always) after putting as in the car. So I altered the amount of gas that I put in over the past few months. Just filling up until the pump nozzle clicked off - did not cause a problem.

But it seems that 'topping off' the gas tank (not until flowing gout of the fill tube - just adding a few more clicks of gas beyond when the pump stopped) - seems to cause the warning lights to come on. Do any of you good forum members have any insights into what might be going on? Thanks in advance - Mike

awesomeissquid

SILVER Star
I believe the recommendation is to not add additional gas after the first click. The charcoal canister can have issues with the additional gas getting added.

charcoal canister may be flooded with gas which can cause all EVAP system errors. I would suggest get the code first no matter what.

I believe the recommendation is to not add additional gas after the first click. The charcoal canister can have issues with the additional gas getting added.
Thank you Awesome!
Thank you Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom