Cheapest spring spacer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to level out the front of my 80. I have the 850 and 863 combo and don't like the way it is racked at the nose. yes, i have heard it is not a good idea but I just can't stand the look anymore! I say that you can put Mr Gasket spacers on the front for about $10.00. Is anybody running these. How do you like them. Do they go on the top or bottom of the spring??

Tim

They go on the top.

There are some members running them. They tend to get beat up after a while. Mtnrat had some on his for a short period of time before changing lifts and they looked pretty sad.

SSSSHHHHH (I have some on mine and so far-so good, they are not a real good way to go but they do be cheap)

The caster will change even more if you add spacers. I would not recommend doing it unless you have some form of caster correction, be it OME bushings or caster plates such as Christo is formulating. The steering will be VERY LIGHT and twitchy.

D-

I have the Mr. Gasket spacers, I've had them in for a couple years now, I have no complaints, they are easy to throw in and give ya an inch of lift, they don't look too bad, because they are black. For ten bucks you get an inch, that's a bargain lift kit, and the Cruisers look so much better when sitting level!

I have them on my 80, I was the 1st to run em............like 6(at least) years ago. Never had an issues, when I swaped to J springs(in front) I did replace the Mr G's with new ones, but the old ones were still fine and someone someplace has them on their 80.

I see no problems with them at all.

part number rings a bell but not postive, it looks right and as long as its only grooved on one side that the one, I think they only make 2, one with grooves on both side and one with only one side(thats the one ya want)

John

[quote author=tucker74 link=board=2;threadid=12543;start=msg115103#msg115103 date=1078434835]
Which one are you guys using - I did a quick web search and came up with this ....right one?

Tucker
[/quote]

[quote author=tucker74 link=board=2;threadid=12543;start=msg115103#msg115103 date=1078434835]
Which one are you guys using - I did a quick web search and came up with this ....right one?

Tucker
[/quote]

That is it (1285). The 1287 is the double groove one.

I am running a 1" aluminum spacer and 5mm and 10mm spacers in the front with the OME caster correction. Drives great, no vibrations and sits level

so when running these I assume you are running front and rear? What is the benefit of two grooves?

andre

You do not want to run two grooves. You want a flat surface against the spring perch.
Front only, as this is a method to address the "nose down" attitude common in the 80.

when installing the spacers be sure to clean the spring and seat well. I used dish soap the lube up the spacer so it would seat completely and correctly. Put in dry and it might hang up or get cocked going in. As you drive there would be some movement which would suck in dirt which would start wearing on the spacer causing it to fail prematurely. I've had mine in for almost 8 months with no problems.

Would it be bad to run these spacesr all around on stock suspension?

I want a little more clearance for the time being, before I get the OME 2.5'' lift.

The diameter of the rear springs is larger than the fronts. It would require a differrent spacer.

If you want some OME 10mm packers, I have some extra in the garage. Some for front and some for the rear (not Doggy's though) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom