Cheapest place to buy tires? Duratracs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, the snow will fly soon up here in NE Ohio. I'm going to try some Duratracs this winter. Any recommendations on the best deal out there? Should I wait until the black Friday deals roll out?

Find the tires you want. Start calling around. Most places will let you know if that particular
tire is on ‘the list’ for sales. Out west the BFG AT’s have a popular following for winter use.
If it’s a daily and not a Cruiser look at the Toyo winters Gsi-5 or Gsi-6. Proper winter tire can’t
be beat.

Thanks cruiserpilot. I am sold on Duratrac's after researching them for some time. I was just hoping to save some time from calling around, in case someone has recently done that legwork!

Thin sidewalls on the duratracs and seen many fail off road fwiw. Nitto, bfg, toys, cooper might be some alternatives to look into

Bought some brand new dutatracs with a big old hump in 2 of the tires. Didn’t find out about it until the tire rotation. A friend in the tire business told me it is a super common problem with the duratracs. Nitto ridge grapplers on my wife’s 4 runner have been really good to me. Make sure to inspect your tires if you get the duratracs.

Duratracs are a COMMERCIAL tire. That is the reason they are cheap. They aren't designed for ride quality.
Cooper STT PRO. FTW.

Been running my Duratracs on my FJ80 for the past 77,000 miles...... daily driving/Moab/Canyons/Telluride...... still a bunch of traed left and no problems!

Now I'm even more confused, and I was set on Duratracs! Thank guys, I still haven't found the cheapest place to buy tires, but I think I'll just stick with KO2's. I also think I'm going to buy from Sears. They have some pretty good points back promotions going on right now. $300 back on $300 purchase, or $50 back on a $100 purchase. I think I'll end up doing 4 transactions at $50 back, since the points will be available sooner, the $300 back stretches out over a year, and I doubt Sears will still be around in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom