Cheap Toyota parts in Ontario (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Akella

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings Local Cruiser freaks:D!!!

I wanted to post here for a while, but haven’t had time, since school and work are keeping me busy, but this Friday I had enough from Ontario’s Toyota dealers.

I knew that I needed “rape whistle” when I walked into Toyota dealer in Ontario, but I didn’t know how bad things are with their prices; since I was always ordering all my parts from USA. I was :censor::censor::censor::censor: after I asked them price for 48706-60040 REAR LATERAL CONTROL ROD BUSHING for 80 series and I got the same price $40 + HST per one from 5 different dealers.

Holly batman it is more than twice expensive than from Mud vendors in USA and in addition, all dealers told me it will take them about a week to get it here in Canada from California warehouse. So I am really pissed at Toyota Canada and their overblown prices.

On a good note, some of you may have seen my epic 80 series Hand Throttle group buy with 230+ people in it. So after long hours of searching for good supplier overseas in order not to let 80 crowd down I finally was able to find one.

Now I can get any parts for any Toyota sold worldwide; either it is RHD or LHD import from overseas or from USA, it got diesel or petrol, it is old or new I probably can get parts you are looking for. The same bushing I was looking on Friday would cost only $13 +HST and I have the same price difference on a lot of parts.

So guys I am not planning to make it a sale thread, I just want to let know/share if anybody needs any new OEM parts for their Toyotas in Ontario I can help to find rare or regular parts at a cheaper price. In a lot of cases most parts are cheaper that from USA and I get parts shipment every 3-4 weeks.

:cheers:

Sounds good!

NoeyR were you in London maybe like 2-3 weeks ago? I have seen a 40 exactly like yours on Avatar few time the same day.

Great news - I'll be in touch!

you can also try Dave at Japan 4X4, ENS toyota industrial, Radd Cruisers and the bloke up in Sudbury

but

i agree completely, i have been trying to get Bayside Toyota in Owen Sound to give me a discount to match the prices i can get from Sask and Radd but their response was "we do not offer discounts", their prices are 15% OVER list.

plus, most dealers in Ontario will not even supply parts for RHD ... period.
i tried a couple others with the part number in hand and they demanded a serial number or they wouldn't help.

Stealership ... personally, it wouldn't bother me at all if Toyota Canada went belly up.

Akella,

Thanks for doing that!! it helps.. i absolutely hate going into toyota canada, as i end up laughing and walking out.. front and rear sway bar link bushings.. 150 for each set..

ordered out of lowes toyota, 169 for front, back, tax and shipping.. arggh..

i am looking for something that i've only been able to find in the united states for a reasonable price (although its still not reasonable)..

my rear wiper relay went belly up and toyota canada quoted 350-400 dollars (yes, i know) and some oem dealer site in the u.s. is 160 bucks.. i still haven't bitten as its a freaking RELAY and should be 10 dollars..

any help sourcing one for less than 160 would be great.. (2001, toyota landcruiser 100 series, petrol v8).. :)..

left hand drive and is a u.s. model. :)

thanks a bunch, no worries if you can't help.

cheers,

jordan

Jordan,

Strangely, but this relay indeed overpriced.

85940-60090 RELAY ASSY, REAR WIPER $104.67

PM me for more details.

Cheers,

Yan

Last edited:
well, i have had my first dealings with Yan and i can say it was an enjoyable experience from beginning to end. the prices were very fair (paid for a brand new Toyota snorkel complete except air box the same as i was paying for "new takeoff" and i had to pay shipping from Cali on top of it) and the numerous snorkels were delivered to my door still in the original packaging.
i didn't try to find his source as it is easier for me to just call and put in an order with Yan than go through the hassle myself.

thanks Yan.

Wayne,

I really appreciate your feedback. It was a pleasure to deal with you too. Plus it is always nice to meet and chat with local cruiserheads.

P.S. I checked the Long and Short blocks for 1HZ and they are available and in stock. I will send you email with more information later this week.

Hey Akella, I need to replace the idler tensioner bolt for the power steering belt on a 3B. The Owen Sound stealership wants me to buy the entire idler pulley assembly for $300! Part number (for the whole assembly) is 44350-60010. Are you able to get just the bolt, or if not, what's the price for the assembly?

Hey Akella, I need to replace the idler tensioner bolt for the power steering belt on a 3B. The Owen Sound stealership wants me to buy the entire idler pulley assembly for $300! Part number (for the whole assembly) is 44350-60010. Are you able to get just the bolt, or if not, what's the price for the assembly?

Is there something special about the bolt? ... I seem to recall mine is just a long bolt...

It's threaded the entire length of the bolt but there's also a shoulder about 1cm down from the head of the bolt.

I'm just using a 80mm long m8x1.25 bolt right now, but I can't find one that's as long as the original and threaded the entire length. As it stands I'm going to have to run the bolt I'm using through a die so that I can get the belt tensioned enough, it's got about an inch of deflection in it but I can't use a shorter bolt as it won't reach when the belt isn't tensioned.

that is what i would do, you can get the die for about $25 or less.
Scotts Industrial is you friend.

It's threaded the entire length of the bolt but there's also a shoulder about 1cm down from the head of the bolt.

I'm just using a 80mm long m8x1.25 bolt right now, but I can't find one that's as long as the original and threaded the entire length. As it stands I'm going to have to run the bolt I'm using through a die so that I can get the belt tensioned enough, it's got about an inch of deflection in it but I can't use a shorter bolt as it won't reach when the belt isn't tensioned.

I'm pretty sure mine is a piece of ready rod with a nut welded on the top... does it 100% need the shoulder? or is that just to stop idiots from bringing the idler too far up the bolt?

I forgot to mention... other option is to get a slightly shorter belt so you don't need to tension it quite as much... not sure if you'd still be able to get it on or not though... I haven't tried this.

I did try it with a belt about an inch shorter, but there was no way I could get the belt to go on even with the tensioner as far down as I could get it.

I don't think the shoulder is absolutely necessary, I agree that it seems like it's meant more to keep you from bottoming the tensioner out than anything else. It's spaced far enough that it doesn't seem like it is meant to hold the bolt in place.

Had considered using threaded rod with a nut, but Scotts was out of it and I needed to move the truck out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom