Cheap front seat storage solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdlexus.com
After buying my 80 last year, I've been trying to figure out a good place for notes, pens, paper, gas log books, screwdrivers, gum, sunglasses, and whatever else I end up with.

Well, I bought a tool belt accessory at Home Depot that can clip onto a regular belt or add storage to a tool belt. I think it was $11 or so.

You can see in the pics that I ended up using outdoor double-sided tape to attach it to the console. I had hoped to "rebend" the belt clip it had on it to fit around the thicker console lip, but it broke as I was bending it - thus double-sided tape. Also, I thought I might attach it to the lower console, but since I don't use it as often as the upper, I decided I didn't mind the possibility of it falling down when the lower console is opened (pic 2) and it sits higher this way.

No problem using the E-brake. This is completely untapped space that I really get good use out of - hope this helps someone else!

console01.jpg

console02.jpg

console03.jpg

I see you have a valve stem remover too--SEMA? I have one just like it.

Dave

unless thats where your CB radio is
DSC_0010_2_2.jpg

Jeeper I agree great idea for the little things in life. The area round the two gear shifts is my 'catch-all' and its starting to annoy me some. Has anybody seen or known what kind of room is back where the stock jack and sub is located ? I want to make those areas some easy access storage, saw someone who had a few back up fluids in right rear somehow - tranny & engine oil, steering fliud etc.

Gonna get the cb in under the alpine hu with an exturnal speaker hopefully preetty soon.

Great idea! I like the use of found professionally finished products being repurposed. I bet it wouldnt be too hard to remove those rivets and form a new bracket that mounted off the lower console opening, river her back together a viola!
I use that space for storage as well, but it's
atlas and valentines day card storage. Don't ask why I keep a VD card there?!?!

I installed the cb in the ashtray and was trying to figure out where to mount the ext. speaker, but in the end did t need one.

Cool, is this a work vehicle? what do you use it for?

I drive it to visit customers around TN, GA, and AL - and I'm lucky to have such a great economy car in this beauty(!) But I need to keep gas and mileage logs for my company.

Hope someone else can use this extra space for something!

Neat idea! Here's another: (no pics cause I'm out of town without my 80) On backside of my'94 console is perfect place to hang a litter bag that has velcro on it to hang it. But, instead of using the peel and stick mating velcro piece, I got me a larger strip and put one end under the lid hinge (backout screws, insert strip, retighten screws) and let it hang to hold litter bag. It's just the perfect size above rear heat vent in console and since your not using the (always inferior) adhesive, it won't keep falling off. The velcro piece on the litterbag is sewn on, so it's pretty secure. One nice thing about the location is that everyone in front and middle seats can reach it without having to pass their garbage thru you.

Yeah Toothfairy has/had something like that trash receptacle. I love how it works. Still need to do it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom