Cheap Flexy Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

New to the site and I'm looking for some help.
I've got an 85 Pick Up that I want to lift and put some 37s under. I know what I've got to address axle wise to do this but for the suspension I'd like to do it on the cheap.
I was thinking rear springs with and add a leaf in the front and Chevy 63" springs out back. Plus fender trimming of course.
Would I be able to run 37s with this set up? How much lift will it give me? Having a low COG is important to me.

Thanks!

That is one great write up...... :beer:

i love learning about inexpensive suspension modifications that is a great write up

What about for the front?

What about for the front?

I always heard Waggy springs were the best for the front. Anyone??? That's what I'm planning on doing unless I hear otherwise. :cheers:

yeah my truck has some redneck POS suspension on it. im going to do this swap, i also dont like how high my truck sits, i want it a bit lower. too high center of gravity.

now the real question is where can i get the rear springs from a toyota, everywhere i look they are thrashed or beat to crap.

When I put my rears up front, I had them re-arched and also added a leaf to each side from the old fronts I pulled off. Still flex great and added about 1-2 inches of lift.

I ended up using marlin's lift springs for the front....by the time I figured on finding a place to re-arch them and put some different hangers on, I was $$ ahead with the new springs...

plus, something has to hold up that new 4bt going in there :)

bk

Rears up front would work if I could fit some 35s in there. Would lifted rears work very well or be too stiff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom