Cheap effective diff armor for your rear axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have no idea..... bring it.. I’ll be on the Rubicon November 11-12 ish.

I wish... Being on the other side of the country its no small feat to make the trip. Earliest I foresee being back out west is probably next August at the earliest

I wish... Being on the other side of the country its no small feat to make the trip. Earliest I foresee being back out west is probably next August at the earliest
Hit me up...

Got picture proof? I welded 1/4” plate to the bottom of my rear diff and my studs still getting ground down.
Here's the picture for my friends questioning my integrity. It's the original hardware Rubicon tested and approved and four seasons of hard wheeling in my ownership. minimal damage IMHO. 😉
1604250891170.png
1604251501122.png

I also added a bash plate to the back, moved the emergency brake cable holder up and inverted it.

1604251669854.png

Made a skid/bash guard for the brake cable swingarm that kept getting smashed

1604251874186.png

Added the @eimkeith rear PCK and rerouted the hydraulic brake line up out of harms way.

The rear end has been rear geared to 5.29s completely rebuilt and RCV Ultimate chromoly axles installed.

I think cruisermatts situation proves you dont always want the diff cover to be stronger. Considering his scenario, I think that when the locker lets loose, it might be better that the damn thing exits stage left before making the rest of the diff into chowder.

Last edited:
I think cruisermatts situation proves you dant always want the diff cover to be stronger. Considering his scenario, I think that when the locker lets loose, it might be better that the damn thing exits stage left before making the rest of the diff into chowder.
[/QUOTE I hope Cruisermatt does not have another locker let go because nothing is going through that new cover he just put on.
I’m Pretty sure it’s stronger than the bash plate I added.
I have yet too have a locker let go. But I need Diff armor Just about every time I take the Reg out it’s a wheeler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom