Cheap car cover that fits the 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, anyone know of a cheap cover that fits the 80 for sitting outside? Nothing fancy just a reasonable fit. Costco has covers for $28 right now and I snagged one for several of my cars and was impressed. Cheap and if it lasts for a couple years I'm happy. But they don't have one for SUVs. So looking for covers others are happy with that are cheap.

Doug

have you tried amazon?

I haven't. Sometimes these cheap covers fit and sometimes they don't. So, looking for others' experience if there is any. Knowing you guys, you probably all drop $650 for the GoreTex covers with hand tooled leather accents and built in heaters........

Whups - clarification I'm looking for an exterior cover that covers the entire Cruiser.

I got one on ebay for $45 shipped which lasted about 1.5 years. I think it's a crapshoot.

I've got the Budge brand one from Amazon. Fits and covers spare tire and gas can rack on rear. It's a universal fit for large SUVs. Think I paid like $120.

I've got the Budge brand one from Amazon. Fits and covers spare tire and gas can rack on rear. It's a universal fit for large SUVs. Think I paid like $120.
I had a buge I used to cover my race car, that thing got destroyed by UV in 1 year.

bump, any additional thoughts on this? need to store my cruiser under a tree for a year :(

If you're looking for extended storage, make sure it can breathe, and it's on TIGHT. If it can't breathe, it will get condensation under it twice a day and will cause rust issues.

If it's not tight, the wind flapping it will beat the paint off of it.

I park my rig under a 10 x 20 portable canopy. $100 at Pep Boys or Harbor Freight. I have even seen them advertised at Lpwes and/orHome Depot. I usually git 2 years or so before the canvas gives it up, so $50 per year. I hold it down with 6buckets of rocks tied onto the upper frame. Never had one move in the Monsoons. City can't zing me for permits as it is temporary/portable. Kinda redneck, but kinda cheap and easy!!

I park my rig under a 10 x 20 portable canopy. $100 at Pep Boys or Harbor Freight. I have even seen them advertised at Lpwes and/orHome Depot. I usually git 2 years or so before the canvas gives it up, so $50 per year. I hold it down with 6buckets of rocks tied onto the upper frame. Never had one move in the Monsoons. City can't zing me for permits as it is temporary/portable. Kinda redneck, but kinda cheap and easy!!

I would do that, but my HOA specifically bans them. I'm already the white trash of the neighborhood and I'm fortunate....so far....that I am able to work on my truck in my own driveway. Across the road from us (in a different city limit) they do NOT allow any work on your vehicle in your driveway. All vehicles in the driveway MUST be licensed and insured and movable "under their own power". A-Holes......

Put a vinyl wrap on it yourself. That will be a nice, tight fit and won't rub the paint!. Plus it doesn't need to be a professional job if you're just going to peel it off later.

There is your problem!

Coming from the farm and living in the city has been a hard adjustment. Been there 22 years now. My neighbors are putting up with me......I help them with stuff so they stay quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom