Cheap auto upholstery shop in Houston? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The title says it all. I'm looking to have two vehicles re-upholstered, one of them being my new 80. If you know of any good or cheap shops in or around Houston, post them up. Also, if you've had a very bad experience with a particular shop, post that up too.

I own an upholstery supply shop in Los Angeles, and we have a good customer in the Houston area. I beleive the shops name in Michael Angelo Upholstery. I can confirm once I get back to work Monday morning.

I can also pull up all the upholstery shop customers we have the in Houston area, and I will PM you with them.

I own an upholstery supply shop in Los Angeles, and we have a good customer in the Houston area. I beleive the shops name in Michael Angelo Upholstery. I can confirm once I get back to work Monday morning.

I can also pull up all the upholstery shop customers we have the in Houston area, and I will PM you with them.

That would be fantastic, thanks.

Are you trying to redo your leather in the LX?

Are you trying to redo your leather in the LX?

Yes, and maybe add a little bit of padding to the door side of the driver's seat. I want the front two buckets re-upholstered and the middle row done as well. I also have 98 Cobra that could use some new leather on the driver's seat as well.

Avoid, run from Westside Upholstery. I used them to do some stitching on the seats of my former vehicle a M-B 500sl. The stitches came out completely misaligned, just a terrible job. They also left excess adhesive on the tuft-velour carpeting from working on the convertible top.
Worse off was their cavalier attitude about the entire matter. Inexcusable.

"Stitches" on Hwy 6 is only mediocre.

Texas Auto Trim has done some nice work for me in the past.
Re-doing headliners, dyeing leather to match, and window tint.

These are all non-LC jobs so YMMV. I haven't had any upholstery needs yet for the 80....which is remarkable for an 18 year old vehicle.

Many dealers farm out their upholstery jobs to independent shops, that's how i found out about Texas Auto trim from SW Lincoln/Mercury.
You might call around to some Toyota/Lexus dealers body shops and see if they suggest a shop more familiar with our 80s/100s.

Also I occasionally get some supplies like carpet, dyes, material from Taylor Upholstery Supply inside the loop. You might want to venture through there one day, they may help with referrrals too.

Last edited:
Avoid, run from Westside Upholstery. I used them to do some stitching on the seats of my former vehicle a M-B 500sl. The stitches came out completely misaligned, just a terrible job. They also left excess adhesive on the tuft-velour carpeting from working on the convertible top.
Worse off was their cavalier attitude about the entire matter. Inexcusable.

"Stitches" on Hwy 6 is only mediocre.

Texas Auto Trim has done some nice work for me in the past.
Re-doing headliners, dyeing leather to match, and window tint.

These are all non-LC jobs so YMMV. I haven't had any upholstery needs yet for the 80....which is remarkable for an 18 year old vehicle.

Many dealers farm out their upholstery jobs to independent shops, that's how i found out about Texas Auto trim from SW Lincoln/Mercury.
You might call around to some Toyota/Lexus dealers body shops and see if they suggest a shop more familiar with our 80s/100s.

Also I occasionally get some supplies like carpet, dyes, material from Taylor Upholstery Supply inside the loop. You might want to venture through there one day, they may help with referrrals too.

Great info. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure how worried I am that a shop is familiar with this exact vehicle considering what I want done should seem very basic to any auto upholstery shop.

When I had my last 80, I found a shop in Beaumont that does all the work for the dealorships there (I'm from that area). This was good and bad thing. His service to individuals was poor because he didn't need it. His prices were also a little high. The dealorships kept him more than busy. Maybe the slouching car market will make him a little more humble. The good part about his shop is that he does quality work.

I will poke around at the local dealorships and find out where they get their work done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom