Chasing suspension issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you want any component to try and swap out, pay for shipping and you can have any of my used parts.
Do you still have the shocks/struts?

Bet! I'll take whatever you have that you think might help. I can send you a prepaid shipping label.
Keep in mind these parts have around 200k miles on them but they worked.

I'll pull some parts out and you can take your pick.

Yeah, I still have the shocks. I cut the upper guard off one of the rear shocks, then realized it just pulled off.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about the "Center Suspension Control Cylinder"? I'm curious if any issues with it would throw a code?

Not sure if you've figured this out yet.

I wonder if you're dealing with some of these same issues of pre-loaded bushings from an improper install.

I wonder if you're dealing with some of these same issues of pre-loaded bushings from an improper install.

No still haven’t tracked it down. Dealer now agrees there’s an issue but still hasn’t had any success tracking it down. I have a new issue that I hope is related, the easy access doesn’t always work. Sometimes when I shut it down with all the doors closed and in park it still doesn’t lower to “low” from “normal”. The ride is also getting worse so I’m hoping something breaks completely soon so it will either throw a code or be easier to find.

I don't see any evidence of the bushings being a problem unfortunately. The ride seems to be getting worse and now I cant narrow it down to just one side. I've tried to figure out why the shocks wouldn't be working correctly but aren't leaking and I keep coming back to the "center suspension control cylinder". Do you have any knowledge about this piece of the AHC system?

While it's hard to rule anything out, my suspicion is that it's not likely the center suspension control cylinder as it doesn't really play a role in damping. It's function is cross link the suspension for articulation, much like KDSS works for the LC.

While it's hard to rule anything out, my suspicion is that it's not likely the center suspension control cylinder as it doesn't really play a role in damping. It's function is cross link the suspension for articulation, much like KDSS works for the LC.
I wish I was able to see the pressures in tech stream but for some reason mine is different than some I’ve seen and it doesn’t show pressures. I have some rear suspension assemblies I can replace and see if that helps. Is that a project a home mechanic could accomplish or best to take it to a shop?

I wish I was able to see the pressures in tech stream but for some reason mine is different than some I’ve seen and it doesn’t show pressures. I have some rear suspension assemblies I can replace and see if that helps. Is that a project a home mechanic could accomplish or best to take it to a shop?
Can you get into TPMS with your techstream? Or real-time data while the engine is running? Some of the lower quality cables will allow code reading/reset and some other functions but not live data. I dealt with this for a while before buying a vxdiag (I think) cable.

And what do you mean by "assemblies?"

Can you get into TPMS with your techstream? Or real-time data while the engine is running? Some of the lower quality cables will allow code reading/reset and some other functions but not live data. I dealt with this for a while before buying a vxdiag (I think) cable.

And what do you mean by "assemblies?"
Yes TPMS and real time data are available and work but some people post photos of their real time and there are pressure readings for each shock it looks like. I don't have that.

Stupid question, Have you tried bleeding the system of air?

If there is air in the system I can see that the shocks will not be working properly.

Stupid question, Have you tried bleeding the system of air?

If there is air in the system I can see that the shocks will not be working properly.
I have but this is as clear as I could get it after 3 liters of fluid. I may need to get more?
3F9F61BD-7865-423E-A91A-D4EBD4856F0C.jpeg

Looks like mine after i flushed it. Next best option to figure out if it is the rear round ball canisters is to swap them. If that doesn't fix it then I guess it must be the shock... I can't understand how but it guess so. maybe one of the holes for dampening are closed and causing this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom