Chasing Oil Leaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Can you please help me identify the large bolt circled so I can order a gasket /washer for it? Attached the picture to this thread. It's for a 1997 FZJ80 Land Cruiser.

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_5430.jpg

Might want to wash that area off well then watch it very closely, take photos, after only a few minutes with the engine running to better narrow down the source of the leak. The solid washer (edit: copper gasket) under that bolt is very unlikely to leak unless it's been apart. Has the oil pressure sender been replaced recently? How does the area around the timing chain cover look, oil pump cover (lower front of engine)??

Last edited:
Might want to wash that area off well then watch it very closely, take photos, after only a few minutes with the engine running to better narrow down the source of the leak. The solid washer under that bolt is very unlikely to leak unless it's been apart. Has the oil pressure sender been replaced recently?
Hi, thanks for the reply. No the sender hasn't been replaced. I'll take your advice and watch it after being cleaned up.

Solid advice from kernal.

Someone will come in here and say this is just anti-rust blah blah blah, preservation fluid blah blah blah. I did it for them. You’re welcome.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
@cvcruiser To answer your question, what you have circled is the oil pressure relieve valve. There is a crush gasket there (15134-20010) which will set you back $3 but as @Kernal has mentioned, unless someone has pulled the valve I doubt the gasket would let go. Clean the area and look for a leak somewhere north of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom