Chasing classic cruisers!! My own episode!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whitey45

SILVER Star
Threads
Fun day and the cruiser gods keep looking after me! I live on the central coast, ca, ranch properties, only 15 miles to town. Been here 2 years, today my neighbor comes over and asks if I can go check out some landrovers, been sitting on a property for a few years! I said of course and jumped in his truck. The crazy thing is its on a property a mile up the road, up a long steep road, 4wd required!!! We get to the end of the road and couldnt believe what I saw!! Two defender 110 landrovers!! Then I spot a built linked fj40!!!......... And then I see a 1981 hj47 troopy with a high roof!!!!! All a mile from my house!!!!! I guess you just never know where these things might turn up! Turns out they all belong to a rich guy, who rented out his property and left them to rot in the woods! He wants to sell the lot and my neighbor and I are working on a price, he wants way more than they are worth in there present condition. Of course I want the troopy!!

Awesome find! Check with NorCal Land Rover Club (NCLR) member
Lutz, he's down there too and get help with the Rover portion...
+1 for picks please ;)

Don't want to be an alarmist, but...............be very careful with the 110s. You can read up on the current big Federal grab on "gray" imports back East.
Armed Federal agents showed up uninvited and confiscated 110s from quite a few unsuspecting owners.
Land Rover North America is assisting the gov't. with a list of VIN numbers.

Thanks Bear, I have heard of this and am researching the vehicles and vin #s. If anyone here has some info on these 110's I would love to know the facts before getting involved. Does it pertain to all 110's or certain years? One of them is an early 90's, the other mid 80's.

Some pictures. We are probably going to pass on buying these because of the vin issues with the landrovers, but I am going to try to see if the owner will break up the lot and sell the landcruisers! troopy, landrovers, up the road!! 011.jpg troopy, landrovers, up the road!! 001.jpg troopy, landrovers, up the road!! 003.jpg troopy, landrovers, up the road!! 002.jpg troopy, landrovers, up the road!! 008.jpg

Wow, what a find! Hopefully he will split up that group. I haven't ever seen a high roof HJ47, were they pretty uncommon?

Unbelievable, a mile down the road, FJ45 high roof and diesel ! How can you sleep at night?

:cheers:

Oh, I dont sleep much!!! The troopy is an oz spec 81 rhd hj47. Dont see to many high roof troopys anywhere, especially california! Pretty sure its an aftermarket add on, not sure if they were a factory option, maybe an aussie could determine? Still cant believe the trouble I went through a couple of years ago to get a troopy, and all along there was one right under my nose!

Anything come of this Whitey?

We made an offer for the lot, but have not heard back from the owner. I figure I could part out the landrovers if needed.

I imported the white one. Paper work is legit on that one at least.

The high top is because it was an ambulance in AU originally

9CB14C14-4193-4A53-9C67-DF84CFBC0531.jpeg
Wow 4 years go by fast, turns out my next door neighbor( contractor) was doing some work on the property that had the hj47 sitting in the redwoods, the owner told him he could take the Troopy to his property and use it as he wishes. Now there are two Troopy’s living next to each other!! Small world, small town! He through a battery in it and it fired up, and runs perfect! Gotta love the dependability of a cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom