Chasing a 24V VSV for the transfer case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys - hoping someone might be able to help me out here. Im tearing my hair out trying to find a replacement VSV that engages 4WD for my 24v Jap import HJ61

One of them on my truck works fine, but I am a little bit tired of having to pop the hood and swap the cables each time I want to engage/disengage 4WD (although I have to jump out to lock the hubs in anyway, but it's just another thing to worry about)

Has anyone here manged to successfully find a part # for a 24v VSV ?
Ive seen a few really good threads on this forum on the subject for 12V, but not for the painful 24v trucks

I'm located in Australia - but obvously happy to use an oversea's shop and pay shipping if that is possible. I'm trying to avoid spending the $400+ on the OEM models, but will do that as a last resort !

Thanks !

Last edited:
Update: I've just found a thread regarding using a 5 way, 2 position pneumatic switch rather then the solenoids / electronic switching. This looks like the way to go - will start shopping.

Check EBI Cruisers in Canada. They have good diesel and 24v stuff. Also Radd Cruisers in Canada.

there are a lot of ways to make a 12 volt regulated output with higher source voltage. can't imagine the load is very great or very long. you might be able to use a 12 volt VSV and a voltage regulated trigger circuit???

What did you end up doing with your VSV? I have the same issue with my HJ61 and have to pop my hood to switch the vac lines every time. I acquired a set of valves from a 4Runner aka hilux surf overseas. I hooked it up and it worked but was concerned about it overheating and catching fire or something. Maybe I was being overly cautious. The valves in the rig now are stamped 24v the 4Runner valves say 12v.

Update: I've just found a thread regarding using a 5 way, 2 position pneumatic switch rather then the solenoids / electronic switching. This looks like the way to go - will start shopping.
Was gonna suggest that. I also bookmarked the thread to revisist when mine go bad. The pneumatic valve will prolly outlast the truck.

What’s the link for the thread you found?
The valve I posted above won’t work it’s for pressurized air not vacuum air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom