Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

70 series panels for BJ74 came from a guy on IH8MUD.

Anyone here have a re-geared 80 series that wouldn't mind letting me take for a test drive?

With my 35's, family, and all our gear, I'm down to about 35mph on Afton Mtn. It's miserable. Small hills aren't much better. I'm hoping a re-gear will do the trick. Still undecided on the ratio, but hoping a test drive will shed some light. Would very much appreciate it! And of course, there's :beer: in it for ya!

IMG_8591.JPG

Anyone here have a re-geared 80 series that wouldn't mind letting me take for a test drive?

With my 35's, family, and all our gear, I'm down to about 35mph on Afton Mtn. It's miserable. Small hills aren't much better. I'm hoping a re-gear will do the trick. Still undecided on the ratio, but hoping a test drive will shed some light. Would very much appreciate it! And of course, there's :beer: in it for ya!

View attachment 3149886
No gears in mine but I would go 4:88's with 35's.

View attachment 3149886

Regear and a supercharger and you'll be pushed back so far in your seat, you're gonna have to let up on that pedal. Ok, maybe not quite, but close. My 80 doesn't have brakes that currently work, but the regear and the supercharger do. I'll let you know when it is ready for a drive.

I'm on 35s with same armor as you and stock gears. I can maintain 60 up afton and do it 6 or 8 times a month.
I'm in passing gear the whole way but she does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom