Trade Charlotte NC 5-BFG MT 285/75/r16 on stock rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am selling 1993 fzj 80 rig and want to trade back to stock, plus get some cash.

All 5 are BFG MT 285/75/r16
1 brand new never used, 2 about 75% and 2 about 50%.

$350 with trade for all 5.

local swap only.
Great deal if you are close.

gwbates3@gmail.com gets faster response

Last edited:
thanks I will post pics tomorrow and take dibs accorrding to time responses were sent.

pics

pics of tires/rims
100_2997.JPG
100_2267.JPG

I have a set of brand new Michelin LTX AT/2's that are 265/70/16 that I might be interested in swapping. However they are really nice tires and will run for about 60,000 miles so I couldn't put $350 with them. Let me know if you are interested and what is the minimum cash you would need.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy,

First question is is it all 5 tires?
If so I would swap all 5 with $250.
Considering mine 1 is new, 2 are great and 2 are ok, and the fact I am likely going to trade the rig...
Let me know.
George

Yes, 5 tires. I will have to check the spare, as I would assume it is a new BFG Rugged Trail, and probably not the same Michelin. If you can send me some pics of the tread, I would be very interested.

jholt at southernmgt dot com.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Will post more pics tomorrow.
Would like to speak after you see pics as there may be some good options for us.
My spare is a brand new never used bfg mtr mounted on the tlc rim - dealer replaced under warranty.
I am looking at a vehicle trade soon, so need to act quickly.
Thanks,
George

Last edited:
pics of all 5 rims w/ tires

Current pics of passenger rear, passenger front and driver front.

None have any rash, one does have some "spare rim" overspray from the underbody protection.
100_4815.jpg
100_4816.jpg
100_4817.jpg

Last edited:
and the rest...

driver's side rear and 2x pics of spare...still has print and nubbies...
100_4818.jpg
100_4811.jpg
100_4814.jpg

How do these handle in the snow? Do they rub on your 80? I'm assuming you don't have a lift?
I also have a set of Micheline LTX MS2's. I was considering getting more aggressive tires at one point.

They are great in snow. period.
Under full articulation in all off road situations I have never had them rub. I have no lift, and heavy springs with stock height in rear only. I have heard the 305 or 310 do need the lift so as not to rub.

The rubber is harder and wider, which makes for a much firmer ride than the Michelins, which gives better road handling with a bit of sacrifice to softer road feel. Also you can play around with the pressure to firm up or take the edge off the bumps. Just be careful not to under or over inflate for long periods as it will lead to funky treadwear. I run them @ 31 to 36 but get center wear if too long at 36. I have also run them down to 8 psi in extreme off road conditions over rocks and in mud. I have seen desert and beach sand conditions get great added traction with short term low pressure to widen the contact patch / traction profile.
Good luck...shipping for us would likely be prohibitive.
George

Last edited:
They are great in snow. period.
Under full articulation in all off road situations I have never had them rub. I have no lift, and heavy springs with stock height in rear only. I have heard the 305 or 310 do need the lift so as not to rub.

The rubber is harder and wider, which makes for a much firmer ride than the Michelins, which gives better road handling with a bit of sacrifice to softer road feel. Also you can play around with the pressure to firm up or take the edge off the bumps. Just be careful not to under or over inflate for long periods as it will lead to funky treadwear. I run them @ 31 to 36 but get center wear if too long at 36. I have also run them down to 8 psi in extreme off road conditions over rocks and in mud. I have seen desert and beach sand conditions get great added traction with short term low pressure to widen the contact patch / traction profile.
Good luck...shipping for us would likely be prohibitive.
George[/QUOTE

Just curious if you ever ran these with your stock runningboards and end caps?

Never had any...went straight to Slee sliders...
G-

I'm in Gastonia. Still got your rig? Interested in selling the sliders?

all sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom