Charlotte Meet and Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
I tried this once before and I am going to try again. I want to get all the cruiser heads in the charlotte area or the surrounding areas to get together for a meet and greet. We could do this at a house or go to a bar and shoot some pool. Doesn't matter.... anyone is welcome. Give me some ideas. I'm shooting for later in this week or the weekend. :beer:

Meet and greet location

Hi, My name is George Gallis, I own a deli/pub/bar called Picadeli's Pub in Deli in Matthews,NC. It is right off of I-485 and Hwy 74. I would be willing to offer my place for this as long as I can generate a few dollars for the business, I would offer some discounts on food and beverages with a TLCA membership. Let me know, some days are better than others. George, 704-995-9208 :beer:
www.picadelis.com
gallisville1@msn.com

I usually pass just because I don't have a 40 I can drive very far - and I don't want to show up empty handed. Any interest in the Cornelius/Davidson area??

I usually pass just because I don't have a 40 I can drive very far - and I don't want to show up empty handed. Any interest in the Cornelius/Davidson area??

Showing up empty handed is fine, no shame there. As far as doing one in the Cornelius/Davidson area it is a good idea for a future date.

Hi, My name is George Gallis, I own a deli/pub/bar called Picadeli's Pub in Deli in Matthews,NC. It is right off of I-485 and Hwy 74. I would be willing to offer my place for this as long as I can generate a few dollars for the business, I would offer some discounts on food and beverages with a TLCA membership. Let me know, some days are better than others. George, 704-995-9208 :beer:
www.picadelis.com
gallisville1@msn.com

Thanks for the offer George I will be considering this as I hear back from other in the area.

Too funny! I was just going to mention George's restaurant as a possible meeting place. I should be able to make a weekend gathering, but don't have a cruiser to drive either.

jC

Would be up for a get together and I'm in the Cornelius/Davidson area too. Perhaps we rotate the location monthly (south / uptown / north Charlotte??). Suggestion would be a weekend day...work it into a lunch...maybe a Saturday morning b'fast and coffee or lunch? FYI that it's almost a 1 hour drive one-way for those of us in north Charlotte to get to Matthews...just made this trip yesterday in a "regular" car, so the FJ40 at <65MPH will be over an hour!

There's an event north of Charlotte on the 1st Saturday of every month from 9 - 11am...Car Cafe. It's off exit 18 at Northlake Mall near Panera Bread / Zobo / Starbucks. It started with the Ferrari guys and now has a huge showing of every car imaginable from Minis, BMWs, Porsches, Cobras, Camaros, Mustangs, Hot Rods, etc. etc...even a Lamborghini. Easily over 100+ cars and hot rods. Last weekend my son and I attended in the FJ40 and there were tons of people looking at the 40 and taking pictures of it?!?!?! If we wanted to avoid "planning" but incorporate into another gathering this would be a good idea...would be cool to see a line of FJ40s-60s-80s-100s at this event. Maybe we meet at this and then at 11am pick a place for lunch?

With warm weather approaching, maybe we do a Car Cafe one month, BBQ at someone's place the next, etc.

Just thinking out loud...

Would be up for a get together and I'm in the Cornelius/Davidson area too. Perhaps we rotate the location monthly (south / uptown / north Charlotte??). Suggestion would be a weekend day...work it into a lunch...maybe a Saturday morning b'fast and coffee or lunch? FYI that it's almost a 1 hour drive one-way for those of us in north Charlotte to get to Matthews...just made this trip yesterday in a "regular" car, so the FJ40 at <65MPH will be over an hour!

There's an event north of Charlotte on the 1st Saturday of every month from 9 - 11am...Car Cafe. It's off exit 18 at Northlake Mall near Panera Bread / Zobo / Starbucks. It started with the Ferrari guys and now has a huge showing of every car imaginable from Minis, BMWs, Porsches, Cobras, Camaros, Mustangs, Hot Rods, etc. etc...even a Lamborghini. Easily over 100+ cars and hot rods. Last weekend my son and I attended in the FJ40 and there were tons of people looking at the 40 and taking pictures of it?!?!?! If we wanted to avoid "planning" but incorporate into another gathering this would be a good idea...would be cool to see a line of FJ40s-60s-80s-100s at this event. Maybe we meet at this and then at 11am pick a place for lunch?

With warm weather approaching, maybe we do a Car Cafe one month, BBQ at someone's place the next, etc.

Just thinking out loud...

That sounds good also... so many ideas... rotating a meeting spot every month would be fine. I was talking to Greg yesterday and he said if we wanted to do a HAMON down here he would try to get some people to car pool down to help to try and get more people in this area active in the club. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

I could be up for something later this week or next week. I am pretty centralized so north or south is ok with me. Georges place has good eats i hear. Gotta keep it cheap though as I dont really have an income so to speak right now!

Count me in. I live just east of Matthews and travel to Salisbury daily for work.
Saturday or Sunday would work out well for me.

I have an extra couple of cruisers if anyone needs to borrow or buy one! HaHa

George

Breakfast early on a Saturday would be perfect, I could dedicate my whole restaurant and parking lot to this event, since I am not open. Picadeli's could do a price fix breakfast and do the work myself, price would be good for everybody. Buffet w/ scrambled Eggs, sausage, grits, bacon, biscuits, beverage, tax and everything included. Price would vary depending on quantity of food. Ya'll think about it.
Home

I live near Concord Mills mall and I've got an 80 that I'm working on and is my DD. I think its a great idea to have a meet-n-greet around here. The pub idea sounds great. I think the Car Cafe suggestion is also an excellent idea. I've got kids so the Car Cafe might be something I could bring the kids to.

Guys I really like the responses generated here and hope you all can make it work, the resteraunt ideas sounds like a great idea. Like Al has mentioned we spoke saturday and I really want to see the western part of ONSC get together and formerly organize a few events. The members in the center and eastern part of the state have mentioned on numerous accounts that we would be willing to travel to Charlotte to meet up with and have a HAMOM, or local function.

Al, I am going to leave the first meet and greet in your hands, seems like prgoress in doing so is going well.

Ok so it looks like we can all do breakfast in matthews on saturday... Lets get a head count together. If anyone knows anyone into any kind of 4wd toyota bring em. Bring anyone you want really. I'm trying to find more people in this area.

Next month we will try for a different area to move it around.

Last edited:
Sat /Picadeli's

I NEED to know for sure whether is going to happen or not. I have to prep up and get some help for the event if it is THIS Saturday. Picadeli's is not open for breakfast, I am offering my place for this event. PLEASE notify me on head count and menu. George, 704-995-9208m, 704-841-1918w.
www.picadelis.com

Guys per George's request can we please get a head count for the event to ensure george gets enough time for Prep. He is gracous enough to offer up his resteraunt so lets not drop the ball on him at the last minute. Al will let you all repsond here with a # so he can prepare.

I'd like to meet up (even though I'm not an ONSC member), but Sat. mornings are no good for me. If you guys are still around near lunch time I might be able to stop by.

This is my busy time at work, so I will have to bow out for this Saturday. I'll keep my eyes on this thread and see if the Car Cafe meeting @ Northlake Mall materializes in a couple of weeks.

I'd like to meet up (even though I'm not an ONSC member), but Sat. mornings are no good for me. If you guys are still around near lunch time I might be able to stop by.

You can still show up even if you aren't a ONSC member

Ok my wife and I will be going
so far it looks like
TLCandME maybe
Cirbo yes
LakeNorman_FJ40 yes
77cruiser yes
teerexfzy80 yes

Is this more or less correct. Let me know if you guys are going to bring anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom