For Sale Charlotte: 1978 Toyota FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
red
Outside Link
https://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/7989-cha/1978-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40

57,995 ask, not mine (anymore), salvage title, on consignment

Here's the old for sale thread:

Here's Hoz's even older build thread:

Hoz 78 FJ40 Restoration - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hoz-78-fj40-restoration.492295/

Last edited:
yup. On consignment with the dealer. Had some good front left damage from accident, then fire damage when something next to it in the salvage lot went up in flames.

Kind of looks like it may have the same fire tempered tires on it, with the exception of moving the spare to the front left and getting a new spare.

It's a nice looking FST, that's for sure. But they are asking top dollar for a clean titled rig.

It would be worth it to the current owner to clear the title or get a rebuilt status.

From google and the state this rig is in:

In North Carolina, a wrecked vehicle whose cost of damage is 75% or more than what it's worth can be issued a salvage title from the DMV.

The damage must have been pretty bad. Also no mention of salvage title in the ad. How do you know this @ksrunner?

It's a nice looking FST, that's for sure. But they are asking top dollar for a clean titled rig.

It would be worth it to the current owner to clear the title or get a rebuilt status.

From google and the state this rig is in:

The damage must have been pretty bad. Also no mention of salvage title in the ad. How do you know this @ksrunner?
It's my old truck, and @Kmall before me. It was totaled in MD, and it also had fire damage from something next to it at the tow yard catching on fire prior to being moved to a body shop. His for sale thread is linked up above and has pictures of the prior restoration. Also a link to a build thread here previously as well. It's not an FST. I still have the hardtop. :)
image005.jpg

Up on eBay as well. I didn't see any mention of the salvage title.

Down to 45k now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom