For Sale Charleston, SC - 2005 LC - Requesting feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
I've been looking for a clean 100 series for awhile now and stumbled across this ad. Seller included a video and it appears to be really clean. Price seems high, but not outrageous from other vehicles I've seen in the 13-16k range. I read of people buying 100's for 10k and under that don't look terrible. So I'm questioning myself...

Thoughts? I've always wanted one of these and continue to learn about the platform. It will serve as toy and occasional DD.

Anticipate spending few thousand getting it baselined and then in next 50k miles a few more replacing parts. Just fact

I saw the ad as well. If it were a little closer, I'd definitely take a look at it.

I’ll try and swing by tomorrow if schedule goes to plan.

Just took a look at it. Forgive my formatting/punctuation here as I'm just reeling off captured thoughts best as possible.

Summary - the ad seems accurate from a cosmetic stand point. It looks great with inconsequential issues - in my opinion.

Details:
-Really good looking cosmetically outside, inside, on top and underneath especially for a 15 year old. Much better than my 05 4runner i just traded in last year. Only a handful of tiny scrapes and nicks i saw were ones you had to be looking hard to see.
-brand new LT275/70/18 toyoOC AT IIs and weathertech mats like the ad says. It has a nice stance.
-practically perfect headliner, this owner must not have had kids or transported anything heavy duty in the cargo area either - i saw like one little mark up there & otherwise looked impressive.
-normally aged leather with no cracking that I could see. Could use some conditioner like most cars of this age but nothing that would turn me away personally.
-good cond carpet with just slight "normal" edge discoloring that these LC carpets tend to do over time.
-very little "touch wear" on the knobs and buttons - very few small little nicks and very minor scrapes here and there like on the top of the cupholder cover (which disappears once you flip it up of course) but it looks to have been babied - at least to me.
-drivers window tint needs repair - or will soon as it is bunching in the lower right that is common initial breach spot.
-front right bumper area about 1x1 was touched up by a professional from minor rash. Same with rear left bumper. Don't have full details other than he echoed the general comments in the original ad discussing some minor work done in '17 to those 2 spots. I don't see anything major there.
-roof rack - the little tiny side plastic piece that covers the 2 or 3 outer base points are missing on the middle on both sides. This came off of my 4runner too when I had it - just a little plastic part reorder and clip in.

-Don't know the seller and met him for the first time. Seems like a genuine guy that runs the shop and knows LCs well as a previous multi-owner (60 and 80). Said he drove it for just a couple hundred miles or so to get a feel for it and was impressed.
-Said previous owner was an old lady who garage kept it. By the looks of it, it has never had a thing on top, never seen a dirt road, and other than just minor & what I would call common 15 year old usage rash and wear - it seems legit.
-I'd give it a strong look myself had I not bought last year. Hard to say if it is worth 21k, but the market will likely bare it so it's worth what someone will pay for it I suppose. Put it on a lift and let a pro do the real mechanical tests if you're serious.

Hope this helps as I owe my 200 find to a Mud member - so just sharing the love as best as possible.

Well, just because I figured y'all needed a good laugh. I bought a 2007 Toyota Sequoia
Limited 2wd today! :vomit: Y'all let that sink in!! The things we do for our wives! If that doesn't
get me some brownie points I don't know what will. ha!

I scoured the internet and drove to NO, Birmingham, DiamondHead, and Jackson looking
as hard as I could to find a 4wd in as good as shape as this one! I completely struck
out! Oh well! The Mrs. is happy and I do have 2 other 4wd's, so I guess we're good.

Looks like @thammer62 did an awesome writeup on on this one. I haven't seen the actual Cruiser, but can vouch for the dealer's reputation. Jack is well known and respected in the Mercedes / G-Wagon community in particular, here in Charleston. My neighbors and a two other people I know bought cars from him and have had nothing but positive feedback about the cars they bought and the experience in general.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a clean 100 series for awhile now and stumbled across this ad. Seller included a video and it appears to be really clean. Price seems high, but not outrageous from other vehicles I've seen in the 13-16k range. I read of people buying 100's for 10k and under that don't look terrible. So I'm questioning myself...

Thoughts? I've always wanted one of these and continue to learn about the platform. It will serve as toy and occasional DD.

I will personally vouge for him. He was an old mud member and I have been to his shop and actually use the same mechanic that he does on all his toyotas and lexus'. He has been selling high quality cars for years now and you can't go wrong buying from Jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom