charcoal canister question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the purpose of the line running from the charcoal canister to the insulator block below the carb? I have the port on the insulator block capped off and the line coming from the canister is open. When I connect them it seems to run poorly like it has vacuum leak or something. Should I leave it as is, or connect the line and try to find the vacuum leak?

The line is to pull the fuel vapors from the canister. The canister is an emissions device that hurts nothing and helps keep the fuel tank vented. I would keep it working as it should. Look into reparing the vac leak.
Gary

Thanks for the help. This would also explain the occational gas odor that have been smelling. Any ideas on the vacuum leak?

The pipe might be loosein the insulator block. When the hose is connected it could putting just enough pressure to cause a slight leak. Try some orange RTV around the pipe/insulator connection. Let it dry real good.

Remove the air cleaner assembly, start the truck, spray WD40 or Brake Clean around all of the vacuum ports one by one until you hear the RPM rise. Also spray around the intake to head and to carb. This will show you where you have a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom