Charcoal canister drain tube help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the drain tube on the bottom of my charcoal canister has broken. I tried expoy and rtv with no luck. The part is no longer available from toyota. What have you guys done...

This is on my '78 40 series.

Ryan

Got a picture of what you're dealing with? You might have to get real creative.

Thread an appropriate brass tube into it, Ryan. You can get a nipple or something similar at Lowe's. Actually, they also have nylon fittings.

I had found a decent one a couple of years ago, but it is brittle...I wish @Racer65 would make one of these! :)

Charcoal Canister 1, 1.jpg

Any good solutions to this
While fixing previous owner messes...
I broke my brittle rubber one off and trying to figure out a plan to fix. Is this just an air vent? I couldn't tell if it had ever been connected to anything or it just goes into tube then into the body and stops,or just a few inch piece of rubber sticking out of the bottom of the canister.
My 78 is desmogged and a Webber carb if that makes any difference on what I should do

FA1BDDA5-AC05-4646-9DD3-9B0098B4CF38.jpg

After searching for an hour looks like it went to tube in body and is a vent for fumes. I current do not have a way to route unless I use the hose and rig up a fitting. From what I read not to important?

Last edited:
I also did the brass tube trick, worked well. Under the weather today but will try and post up a pick tomorrow.....

I also did the brass tube trick, worked well. Under the weather today but will try and post up a pick tomorrow.....

Hope your feeling better. If you have more info on the brass fitting that would be a big help I ran to every parts store for hours sat hunting solder flux for electronic soldering, I m tired of chasing parts and things.
If not no prob

Last edited:
Out of town till Sunday but will get a pick up for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom