Chapter updates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Hello this Rob Tygart your Western regional rep for TLCA I hope to put together a list of all the chapter email address so I can start sending out group emails concerning chapters and updates to TLCA Please email me at landcrushersrule@verizon.net with your name and chapter Thank you also at this time they are asking chapters to fill out the chapter in good standing form Thank you Rob Chapter In Good Standing Form | TLCA

I actually haven’t seen much of a TLCA presents in Arizona. No events or really chapters here. Will any of that be addressed? Or is it all organizational?

At one point there was a TLCA club active I am just trying to follow up on who is active and still around

Copper State Cruisers a long time ago decided to not become a formal TLCA chapter - [disclaimer: I was not involved in that decision, just reporting here as a long-time member of Copper State Cruisers - and, independently, also of the TLCA as an individual member]

I cannot say -from my personal perspective- that I have experienced any disadvantage from the AZ Club not being a formal TLCA Club, nor have I heard anyone in the club mentioning this as a problem ever

so maybe the original poster in this thread can make a strong argument why formal TLCA membership of the club itself would be an advantage to the Arizona club members ? - [for informational purposes to the local cruiser heads: I have not heard a strong argument in several previous attempts of the TLCA to fold the club into official membership in the past decade, but maybe there are new points to consider ? - I am all open ears . . . ]

and also to the OP: congrats on your wedding :cheers: - (it's the most stylish avatar you've ever had here on MUD :lol:)

Last edited:
Copper State Cruisers a long time ago decided to not become a formal TLCA chapter - [disclaimer: I was not involved in that decision, just reporting here as a long-time member of Copper State Cruisers - and, independently, also of the TLCA as an individual member]

I cannot say -from my personal perspective- that I have experienced any disadvantage from the AZ Club not being a formal TLCA Club, nor have I heard anyone in the club mentioning this as a problem ever

so maybe the original poster in this thread can make a strong argument why formal TLCA membership of the club itself would be an advantage to the Arizona club members ? - [for informational purposes to the local cruiser heads: I have not heard a strong argument in several previous attempts of the TLCA to fold the club into official membership in the past decade, but maybe there are new points to consider ? - I am all open ears . . . ]

and also to the OP: congrats on your wedding :cheers: - (it's the most stylish avatar you've ever had here on MUD :lol:)
I've been involved in TLCA since 2006. Mostly attending various sponsored TLCA events. I really don't have much of a platform. Insurance coverage for events, chapter forums in Toyota trails. If you're all happy with your club. Right on I would dig attending a trail run or event in AZ. I'm sure others would also. Oh and thanks for pointing out our wedding photo. That was 35 years ago. We still own the same Cruiser

We have a lot of CSC members who are also TLCA members, can you expand on the benefits of having the club be a TLCA club? What does it do for our club? I think In the past there were some formalities and limiting factors that steered us away. We are just a bunch of cruiserheads and also non Landcruiser owners that love wheeling and being outdoors.

Please PM me and @brices123 with any literature you might have along with associated costs. We have a meeting coming up in early February with the various leaders within the club so we could add this to our discussion

I am also a TLCA Member. There are many TLCA Members in AZ that are not members of clubs. I am also a CSC Member. I actually joined in the hopes of learning more about extraction techniques and off road techniques in general. Seems not many clubs offer clinics on this. Is this something TLCA would offer or am I better signing up for extraction techniques class at Overland West? Thanks and hope to see you on an upcoming outing.

the best way to learn extraction is in real-life situations, honestly - when, of course, you don't want to be the stuck one :doh:

so I'd suggest to go out with other trucks as much as you can, someone will get stuck sooner or later and need extraction :hillbilly:

you can also read this for one of our more memorable extractions: posts #8382 and #8383: What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

top of my list is this occasion (story needs to be told in person to give the full perspective :hillbilly:): starts at post #9: CM08 Pix then post #24: CM08 Pix another pic of the extraction in post #220: CM08 Pix

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom