Changing back to OEM shocks from OME Nitro charger shocks - do I need to get OEM washers/retainers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says... do the washers from the OME nitro charger shocks fit over the OEM shocks? I searched but couldn’t find any info about this. It’s an LX470 with AHC deleted (OME 865 springs and stock LC torsion bars) so I don’t have the LC washers/retainers. I’d like to try the OEM shocks since I find the OME’s too stiff.

I don’t have any factory shocks to compare, but I do have a spare set of OME shocks, and I do have an OE set of washers/retainers.

The OME washers/retainers are much smaller than the OE washers/retainers, and I suspect that the OME washers wouldn’t work very well with the OE bushings.

You might be able to use the OME washers/retainers, with the OME bushings, on the OE shocks, but if it were me, I’d go with the Toyota washers/retainers.

Boy I bet your glad I just chawed my crappy Nitrocharger sports out last week for new OEM shocks!!! The washers and cones fit perfectly over the studs of the OEM shocks, but I ran into a snag with the OEM rubber bushings. Apparently the old man emu cones and washers are a bit more narrow than the toyota ones, but no worries as you just need to re-use your bushings from the old man emu stuff. Now install those better shocks and enjoy!

Boy I bet your glad I just chawed my crappy Nitrocharger sports out last week for new OEM shocks!!! The washers and cones fit perfectly over the studs of the OEM shocks, but I ran into a snag with the OEM rubber bushings. Apparently the old man emu cones and washers are a bit more narrow than the toyota ones, but no worries as you just need to re-use your bushings from the old man emu stuff. Now install those better shocks and enjoy!

Thank you for the info! I can’t wait to try out the OEM shocks. Would you know the cheapest place to get them online?

Thank you for the info! I can’t wait to try out the OEM shocks. Would you know the cheapest place to get them online?
Toyota Tokicos are smooth as butter! You’ll be very happy with them compared to the OMEs that you had. I think McGeorge Toyota is probably the cheapest place to get them stateside ($42/shock), but shipping may not be cheap. Always good to also check Partsouq.

Hi, I want to get rid of my OME shocks and replace them with the OEM Kotico's. DId you buy any other parts other than the OEM shocks? For example, did you get new bushings for the rear shocks? Any retainers for the front? If so, what parts did you order? Thanks!

Most Toyota dealers sell shocks as an "a'la carte" item. the washers and bushings are sold separately.
Yes, I can see that from the site..I'm just curious if any of the OME washer/bushings will fit and what I'll need to order separately specifically...This truck came with the OME lift and suspension, I just can't take the ride any longer and my kids are complaining how stiff it is for them as well. I have stock everything else so it doesn't make sense for me to have stiffer suspension without the weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom