Changed battery, now she won't crank... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tunersportfishing.com
I bought a new battery this morning, drove the beast home, changed the battery and now it turns over but will not fire. Is there a fusable link or something simple that causes this problem?

Connected to the battery positive terminal should be the main starter cable, and three fusible links. My might check each link seperately with a meter for continuity.

Disconnecting the battery itself doesn't screw anything up, right? I'm going to have to leave my '92 for an extended period, and I thought I'd get one of those disconnect switches -- or just disconnect the positive cable. :grinpimp:

Turner;

The fuse links (3) are not really great IMHO and sometimes come from the factory in a mangled, twisted state. Sometimes one of them could be high resistance or broken. Leaving the battery disconnected won't hurt anything. FYI, the computer draws approx. 11.3ma in idle state.

I decided to fix my set up:

http://homepage.mac.com/dfmorse/BattProj2/page7.html

Thanks! From my boating experience,I've always thought battery posts should be lonely soldiers with a single wire to a protected buss. My problem turned out to be a chitty wiring job by the previous owner...obviously not a mud hater...everything is fine....for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom