Champion AL radiator with cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running one of those ebay champion radiators with the trans cooler? I have a v8 and auto with a separate trans cooler and separate oil cooler in front of the condenser and radiator.

My old radiator is looking pretty sad these days and want to cut down on the separate coolers.

Do these AL radiators cool better than stock even with the cooler in there? When its 115 outside my system just barely does the job with the a/c blasting and idling as it is so I can't afford to lose cooling capacity. I would hope the AL would be better I just want to make sure this specific setup does work better in real life as the stock on a 60 doesn't have the cooler built in.

I have this radiator on my 60 and love it. It has been in the upper 80's to 90's here all week and I am running right around 160 and if I am in a lot of stop and go traffic I will see a little climb, usually 165-167. I have a 2f and not v8 so I am not sure what you would be running. As far as the cooler, I didnt realize that it was its own sealed system at the bottom of the radiator so I thought I had to plug the 2 openings, and in doing so, the threads stripped out without any effort so I would wait to see some other opinions on it for using it with the cooler. I went to a local hardware store for the plugs so I may not have used the proper ones. That may have been my problem, but since I dont need the cooler, I was not concerned with it and let it go. As far as the rest of it goes, I am very happy with it. I would love to hear what others have to say about it.

Thanks, Did you have to do anything to the mounts to keep the AL from cracking or is it alright in the stock mounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom