Builds Challenge Accepted: Project #FarmForty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow!!! Love the video— I don’t think you need to anything to it for a farm truck. Heck, with all the posts I read on MUD about this and that engine problem on rigs that have been well cared for, I would say you found a diamond in the rough

Since you do not have a title ... will it not be registered? Or will you be trying to get one

Just wondering how that is in your state

VT the are very lax about things like titles ... nys they are a big pita... in Ca you need to give up your first born

Since you do not have a title ... will it not be registered? Or will you be trying to get one

Just wondering how that is in your state

VT the are very lax about things like titles ... nys they are a big pita... in Ca you need to give up your first born

Good question, but not real worried about it. It will likely never leave the farm and i will never put enough money into it to worry about marketability issues.

In the unlikely event i do end up putting cash into it (or even more unlikely, it becomes streetable), i can get a salvage title which is sufficient to get a tag here (mississippi).

The exhaust sounds amazing!

Laughing all through the video! My first 40 was almost a twin, but had a pickup hardtop.

The guy used it as a truck while building his house.

Last edited:
Been chasing big picture items like making it run and stop so never stopped to looked at this (until today). Turns out she left japan in march 1972.

D9F139E3-5962-436D-BA57-4C3CF11CBFC3.jpeg

Young ‘un

Ok I’m seeing a muffler. That exhaust is getting even more primo.

Ok, it’s been at least 2 days. Where are the videos of FarmFarty doing donuts in the pasture?

Okay, so where were we? After the the initial sorting, Nolen takes the wheel (bad idea). He proceeds to cycle through the gears (all 3 of them) redlining the newly-awakened animal as we skid off the dirt road with no brakes (she wasn't quite ready to gallop yet). It's been awhile since I truly feared for my life, so that was interesting.

Having left the road (albeit involuntarily), he puts the T case in 4low and locks the hubs and takes us right through a fallen tree and briar pitch (keep in mind we have no windshield). At one point, there was a video footage of this of spectacle, but it's been classified to keep my life insurance policies from being revoked.

Having had our fun, we load her back on the trailer for the 20-mile transport to the new home. He sends me home with a few party favors, like a random muffler he found in his stash, and assortment of recycled brake drum cylinders that he had collected over the years (foreshadowing).

5 minutes into the drive, the sky bottoms out..... It was a good bath for the animal, but otherwise a white-knuckle drive.

My brother meets me at his at his farm. As we fight to offload this thing in the rain, and clear a place in the stable, I can sense that he is wary. He makes it clear that the animal can stay, but that I have to feed it and pay for the shots. To ease his nerves, I promise him that it is running and recount the tales of adventure from earlier that day.... "Just a little bit of elbow grease," I say, as I have the engine turning over, but now refusing to start.....

Uh oh...apparently, the already finicky carb didn't like fuel mixed with a few inches of fresh rainwater that had made it's way into our exposed tank....

So, we dumped the bad gas into an old 4 wheeler than can run on just about any mixture, and then put some fresh gas in the tank. That was enough to get off her off the trailer and into her new home. I cracked a beer and started to look around. Acquisition day was over, but we got work to do:

Part of the reason we couldn't stop:

The first of many interesting Easter eggs:

Next up:

1. Hauling the parts rig home
  2. Rebuilding the Rochester 2 jet
  3. Salvaging a tub from the bone-yard; and
  4. The odyssey of drum brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom