CGIB 2000 Lexus LX470 Ownership Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, finally came across a 2000 Lexus LX470 for an amazing price. I put a deposit down and am hopefully picking it up later this week. The owner was too concerned with rust issues to allow their daughter to continue driving it, even if repaired. These are all the pics I have right now.

Mileage: 100,000

Known issues: frame rust and a few spots on body panels and around tailgate, AHC isn't working, peeling paint on roof.

The plan is to get the rust checked out by a mechanic and determine if she is roadworthy or not. If so, we will begin fixing things up. If the rust is too bad I will most likely part out the truck and hopefully not lose much money.

61651605842__E9A113E5-7CEF-4E35-86A9-E68A8321A11D.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

obligatory: pics of said rust on frame and body?

Dare I say you have a rot issue along with a rust issue. I'd proceed gingerly and avoid states that have inspections on cars to get properly registered.

I was going to say not too bad, then I saw the hole in the rear by the body mount.

If you have that bad of rot in that one area, then a proper body shop will probably want to remove the body from the frame to do a proper, full frame inspection. That will be expensive. Rust and rot can be an invisible enemy if you can't see everything to inspect properly.

Good deal or not, this may be a pass if you plan to keep the rig for a significant amount of time. The rust will also make wrenching an unpleasant experience each and every time.

I live in rust belt. Ya- 100k on a 100 series is great “if there is a frame”. Yet the power plant engine is a gem! I’d like that!

Alright, finally took ownership after 2 months of waiting for the title. Already got to work detailing the truck, took the running boards off, trimmed the rear mud flaps, and have some 200 series 18" wheels and tires to put on soon. Will be getting it tagged and title next week. Then it will be taken to a mechanic for inspection.

62034103930__D3C671C8-6120-4573-82C6-6E352AAA3A10.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

Well, unfortunately I will be re-homing this truck and it will be used as a parts vehicle. Just too much rust to justify attempting to get it back on the rode. If you need parts from it hit up Cruiser Corps in Oklahoma City, they will have this truck. Awesome guys and very helpful in the inspection of this truck.

Amazing price for a reason. I'm glad you had an open mind from the beginning and knew the potential of it being a parts cruiser though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom