Ceramic coating exhaust cost? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am hoping one of you could please educate me on what it typically should costs to have your exhaust ceramic coated.

I went to a local shop I was referred to. I choose a dark grey (has to be oven cured). I received a quote for $600 and was told it would take about 3 weeks as they are fully booked.

This morning after two weeks they called to apologize and said I was misquoted. The new quote is $1,100 citing that cast iron manifolds are more and that they did not take into account all my parts. I doubt this is intentional as the worker really did not seem like he knew how to quote me originally. I approved the quote, however I am wondering if the price is in line with what others have paid or if I am paying a premium due to current demand?

The new parts I took to them are listed here:
OEM manifolds and shields
MagnaFlow Down pipe and second cat
OEM down pipe bracket
Boral cat back exhaust w/ resonator cut off.

Last edited:
Nearly 15 years ago I recall spending nearly 500 for coating a pair of large primary, big block long tubes. Your price doesn't seem too far off from that, all things considered. Have you tried calling a handful of places off the old google, regardless of location, to get a ballpark number?

Nearly 15 years ago I recall spending nearly 500 for coating a pair of large primary, big block long tubes. Your price doesn't seem too far off from that, all things considered. Have you tried calling a handful of places off the old google, regardless of location, to get a ballpark number?
There are two places that do exhaust coatings in my area from my research. This one came recommended, by my regular powder coater I used. The other shop has probably the worst reviews I have ever seen for a business, however was recently sold. Figured I'd stick to what I got, as saving a few hundred bucks is not worth a sub par job.

@NLXTACY I know your busy, buy any thoughts as you have some experience? I can also confirm your vendor issues as this shop is pretty big and is not even taking on work unless you are a commercial vendor. I can only imagine what the small town shops look like.

I believe both MagnaFlow and Boral use stainless pipe.
I ordered a CARB downpipe from Bosal/BRE and I received a stainless Magnaflow version. A buddy ordered the regular Bosal/BRE and received a non stainless version. I understand that Magnaflow was bought by Bosal who are now BRE. Both downpipes looked very well made but the difference in cost was worth it to get a stainless version.

No personal experience with the Borla products.

There are two places that do exhaust coatings in my area from my research. This one came recommended, by my regular powder coater I used. The other shop has probably the worst reviews I have ever seen for a business, however was recently sold. Figured I'd stick to what I got, as saving a few hundred bucks is not worth a sub par job.
Spoke to the owner of a shop, he just opened a while back. Says he has been doing it for eight years now and is an authorized Cerakote shop. I'll send you the info tomorrow if you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom