1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centrifugal Oil Cleaners

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by KOZ_73, Aug 20, 2006.

1. KOZ_73

KOZ_73

I came across these units while browsing through a turbo diesel site. Anyone use these, i haven't even heard of these before today.

http://www.dieselproducts.com/spinner/sp_works.html

2. Martin White

Martin White

This looks like a really intriguing idea, but the lack of responses is somewhat telling. I did some searching on the net and didn't get very far. Still in principal this concept has merit, because centrifugation is a great method of separating solids from liquids. I would love to hear more.

3. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog

Toyota had one fitted to the:cool: 2H in the early HJ47 . I think the effort to clean them made them unpopular :mad: as we entered the" throw away era". For those not familiar with the 2H it is the cylinder sitting on top of the oil filter and in front of the starter motor in the picture.:beer: :beer:
    [​IMG]

4. matt 105

matt 105

Some of the gear I have worked on had centrifugal filters fitted, and some had them removed! Most of the engines with them had to run on mono (straight 30 weight) oil, as the centrifugal filter would spin the additives out of modern oils, I was told. However some engines with them ran on multi grade oils and I never noticed any unusal build up inside. - Just FYI
    Matt

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">