centre caps off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The centre caps that came with my aAerican racing mohave teflon wheels stuck out way too much. I was worried first trip out a rock would crush one so I took the centre caps off and actually like the look better.
:hmm:
What do you think?

Last edited:
looks good! what size tires you running? I like your boat! I've got a nice 7.5' boat. Just right for small to med size lakes. I'm wanting to buy a 10'-12' though. My 6 year old son is asking me to take him fishing.

looks good. i like the naked hubs better...just pulled mine of a few months ago. now go buy some black lugs!

X2 on the boat. how big is that? been looking for a nice car-topper. would love to get the kids into more fishing, their grampa bought them some rods for xmas 2 years ago, and they havent had a chance to try em out yet.

jason, me n the kids would be down to hit up some fishin with you n the boy...let me know!

Looks cooler without...

and +3 on the boat - I picked up a nice pontoon boat back in November (that hasn't hit water yet) but can't shake the feeling I need a 10-12' jon boat...

looks good. I am pro-center caps off.
Makes the truck look more industrial and less mall queen.
Haven't bothered taking the ones off mine though...

confirmed

centre caps stay off... Thanks guys.

the boat is 12' too big for one person but perfect for a pair of anglers or a father son combo or even me, :princess: & my 85 lb lab.
its flat bottom, & super wide, 48" at floor, 54" at oar locks.
rivetted not welded so light weight (I can load/unlaod it by myself believe it or not) but dont look at the damage to the paint on the roof~!

I want to get an 8 flat bottom john boat either metal or fibreglass but they are extremely expensive new and hard to find used... this would be dedicated for anchored indicator fly fishing

If someone wants to borrow my boat when I am not using it feel free to ask. You have to pick up from North Van though. It has to swival seats too!

looks good. I am pro-center caps off.
Makes the truck look more industrial and less mall queen.
Haven't bothered taking the ones off mine though...

I think it will take a lot more than taking the hubcaps off to make an 80, or any wagon really, look more industrial! But it does help, and may I suggest next step, is swampers, steel bumpers and sliders, many more scratches, some dents, a little rust........:hillbilly:

john boats on craigs list

Keep checking Craigs list, every now and them they pop up for around 600-1000.00 they are sold in a day or two. if you want it you have to drive out and pay cash right away!

the first pic is an 7'6" fibreglass boat made in Washington or Yellowkife, i cant remember but new is about $1,400.00

The second & third pic shows how light and wide my tinny is.
Of course my dog gets the seat:rolleyes:

Again if anyone needs to borrow it contact me. i dont mind at all.

Looks cooler without...

and +3 on the boat - I picked up a nice pontoon boat back in November (that hasn't hit water yet) but can't shake the feeling I need a 10-12' jon boat...

Last edited:
WTH, I just repainted my 12' tin can the same colour last fall. Post up a pic on how you set-up the rear wheels. All I have ever seen is the guys who bolt on lawn mower wheels.

I stopped taking my Golden Retriever, Ruby, (RIP) fishing with me because she always jumped out of the boat wanting to retrieve the fish. Once a loon swam under the boat chasing a fish I had on and she dove in under the water to chase the loon. What a mess that was... dog wound up in fishing line and a happy loon with my fish. :meh:

I have a 10' Zodiak with a wooden floor, works great, not too heavy. I have either a 2.5 electric or a 9.9 Honda to move it around. The Honda weighs more than the boat. Beauty is, you can stand up in the boat to fly fish.

labs and fishing...

Thats too funny! labs sure do get excited when you hook a fish dont they. Your story tops mine for sure, cause it doesnt involve any loons..
but you can see in the pics how he gets excited and then jumps out of the boat chasing the fish. He ends up getting tangled in my line and I had to go to shore. Amazingly I landed the fish but my line was pretty trashed!

I still love my lab regardless of how much trouble he causes.

WTH, I just repainted my 12' tin can the same colour last fall. Post up a pic on how you set-up the rear wheels. All I have ever seen is the guys who bolt on lawn mower wheels.

I stopped taking my Golden Retriever, Ruby, (RIP) fishing with me because she always jumped out of the boat wanting to retrieve the fish. Once a loon swam under the boat chasing a fish I had on and she dove in under the water to chase the loon. What a mess that was... dog wound up in fishing line and a happy loon with my fish. :meh:

I'll post pics of my wheel set up. its pretty slick. 2x2 square aluminum tubing with a long solid spindle for an exle with large washers and cotter pins on each end to hold the wheel in place. On the boat there is two sets of 5/8" redi rod bolted to the transom with large wing nuts to remove or install the legs....

Last edited:
wheel set up.

Hey canuck Safari
I re read your post and your lab past away. Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. Sorry I missed that first time. Thats upsetting.
Have you followed the thread with 80 series and your dogs?
Might upset you but its a great long thread.

here is a pic of the back of the boat before I painted it! what an ugly yellow color.

Last edited:
Ya, I still miss Ruby lots. One of the hardest things I had to do when I made the call to the vet to come to our place to put her to sleep. We are looking at getting another Golden Retriever or a Lab in a while. Both breeds are great family dogs even with the trouble they seem to get into. I still remember when Ruby discovered the joys of the end of the Coho run on a Christmas day walk before supper. Nothing like a good swim and then a roll in well rotten coho lining the creek.

BTW, the pics made me laugh. Good memories. Although I'd be pretty ticked off at the time when Ruby did that to me.

Actually, I just paint my boat that "ugly yellow color" last fall. Just what I happened to have on hand, a few cans of tractor yellow. I am thinking that is going to look very ugly on top of the Safari, so may repaint it with the same stuff I used to do the rims.

mans best friend

Yep, labs and retrievers are great. Wow, rolling in dead Coho... I havent experienced that yet but I am sure it will happen.
Dead salmon smell will be hard to get out of the fur. He already likes rotten piles of grass :rolleyes:

Yellow is a bit much for me, I also think it stands out of the water alot so unless your out in the middle of the ocean it might be too bright! but I love tractor yellow on smaller pieces.

I attached one pic of each to review.

best of luck with the new dog search

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom