For Sale [Central VA] FJ40 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have some random parts lying around. I removed most these from my 1974 FJ40 or bought them for it and went a different direction. Can send more photos upon request. Everything is OBO.

Prices+shipping:

$700 - Hardtop + Side panels (See photos, restorable, but I'm gonna stick to the soft top, pickup only)
$400 - FST-style rear barn doors, pristine
$175 - 2 hole red rear barn door hinges, sanded, spray primed and painted
$150 - 3 hole rear barn door hinges, sandblasted and powder coated
$35 - JTO rear license plate bracket, practically unused
$100 - OEM Rear license plate bracket, looks like previously blasted and powder coated, some pitting but no rust
$75 - Barn door latch, sandblasted and powdercoated, handle slightly bent but glides smoothly, see photo
$25 - Barn door catch, tip slightly bent, see photo
$130 - Aluminum radiator, worked great, no issues, I went to OEM
$75 - Front bumper (aftermarket, powder coat finish, great shape, only few light scratches)
$30 - OEM Metal fan (no issues, just switched to plastic)
$30 - Water pump (no issues, just changed it out for a new one when I removed other things)
$50 - Crank pulley single groove (no issues, I just switched to a 2 groove)
$130 - HEI performance distributor with clamp, worked great, I just wanted to go back to original small cap
$30 - Some old black cap distributor I know nothing about
$25 - OEM sun visor pair (wouldn't swivel down, didn't take apart to look into why)
$20 - OEM upper thermostat housing
$20 - OEM door handle pair
$10 - RH mirror bracket
$10 - Radiator cap "16401-41021", never removed from packaging, I accidentally ordered an extra

$90 - NOS brake master cylinder for newer toyotas "47201-35470"

For trades, I'd be interested in: 1974 aprons, rear bumper, dash pad, 2F crank pulley, LEFT vent window weatherstripping

Send me offers if you think prices aren’t fair

Pics: View album 7445

Last edited:
Gotcha, sorry. I threw up some numbers there that are my best guesses at value. Please feel free to make offers or tell me if I'm way off. Thanks!

I have some random parts lying around that I either removed from my 1974 FJ40 or were from the PO that may have come from other FJ40s. Can send more photos upon request. Some may be rusted beyond repair and I'll give you as much info as I can, but some of y'all are magicians with this stuff and know about this better than I do. All of them are original/OEM as far as I know, except of course the valve cover gasket and bolt on tailgate. Please make offers (PMs work). I'm in no huge rush to sell so I'll take anything that sounds fair. I haven't shipped anything in years, so I prefer local pickup (with appropriate "social distancing" caution) especially for the larger parts, and can look into how to ship them if there's interest.

Total List:
750 - Fiberglass hardtop (please see photos, few cracks, edges don't look in like they're in great shape, and I think that's an aftermarket light on top?)
600 - Hardtop side panels (few spots of rust as seen in photos, but weatherstripping and glass are in good shape I think)
150 - Rear hatch hinge bar with hinges (the ends are a little "bubbly" so I bet there's more rust than meets the eye on the inside, but hinges seem in good condition)
100 - F.5 Valve cover, including acorn nuts, oil cap, and new gasket
50 - Sun Visors (would not swivel down, didn't look into why)
200 - Bolt on rear tailgate (few scratches on the inside and I think that's weatherstrip adhesive around the inner edges?)
40 - Upper thermostat housing
20 - Lower thermostat housing (I think the rust has eaten to one of the bolt threads on the inside)
30 - Center arm bracket (I bent the bottom of it while trying to remove it)
50 - Rear drag link kit (I think there's a little bend in the slot where the pitman arm goes in, or maybe that's normal, idk)
50 - Starter with core (I switched to a gear reduction starter pretty shortly after I bought the vehicle after I had a no start condition, along with a fuel pump change, so it may not be working or I misdiagnosed it)

Pics: View album 7445

im interested in BOTH starters ...

im only up in Maryland , so shipping ism Low Cost ..........

Please PM me details

thanks

matt

Post edited with sold items and prices. I'll also soon likely have FST-style barn doors and their hinges/hardware available for sale. Photos added to the album.

Not sure how to tell. The only markings I see on it is an "SW" on the back so I'd assume aftermarket

Hubcaps and wheel spacers sold! Would love to get more of these items out of the house to make some space, make an offer!

Last edited:
PM sent on rear hatch hinges

If anyone wants the rear drag link, center arm bracket, tie rod clamps, or the lower thermostat housing you see in the pics, I'll send it if you pay shipping. Otherwise I'll throw them away this weekend.

Still have the later model square mirror?

Bump. Adding stuff as I make sure the things I bought work, just added an HEI distributor with clamp and rear license plate bracket. Help me make space in the house and buy some stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom