Central Ohio Land Cruiser meetup (1 Viewer)

Do you like beer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aging fleet did the fluid film on his 100. He might be able to get you some info on it. Welcome to Ohio.

Is the meeting still up for the 23 ? I just got the 40 running again and will like to take it for drive. Maybe some trails to see how it does. Here are some pictures of Charlie. That is how the wife calls the 40 😂

220BB13C-FDBD-4A6F-A6E6-70FAF402EEEE.jpeg

52D687E4-B8EE-4ADE-9F9D-F25C9F464085.jpeg

Wasn't even aware of it but will definitely try to drag the wife to it! Thanks for the heads up!

I went last year it and it was kind of lame in my opinion.

I went last year it and it was kind of lame in my opinion.
I was looking at sponsors and why not and kinda got to the same conclusion. I got nothing to do on Sunday and might as well go check it out and show some support. I can always make a stop at Yellow Spring Brewery for a cold one before returning home.

Is the meeting still up for the 23 ? I just got the 40 running again and will like to take it for drive.
For a Cruiser GTG, the 23rd is good for me also. just sayin...

Aging fleet did the fluid film on his 100. He might be able to get you some info on it.

@Minden Monster, fluid film is a cheap, easy and does a pretty good job. It won't help with existing rust, but keeps things from forming or getting worse. Advanced Auto is the only place that I've found it in my area and I generally use ~ 3 spray cans each fall.

A professional application would involve spraying into the doors, body cavities and the under body. With the DIY spray cans, I generally just hit the axle, frame rails, and suspension bits. I'm pretty generous with marine grease on my fasteners too. It's all messy as hell, but it's better than rust IMO.

The 23d may work for me, I'll keep an eye on this thread in case the weather cooperates.

Reactions: xlx
The NAPA next to my house also carries fluid film.

Sadly I still can’t make the 23rd. Will be in Cleveland for the day.

We used to meet at Donato's around town because they usually have a meeting room for free use, or at least a big dining room to pull together a few tables.

The weather's still a little too cold for a city park meetup & cookout.

Is this a club we need to join or is it just an informal get together for Ohio Cruiser owners? And, is there a confirmed location? I'm up in the Cleveland area and may be in the Columbus area tomorrow simply by chance. Unfortunately, my truck is winter storage.

@FJ40Jim

Hey Jim - Just saw your name in your tag line and recognized it from years ago when I had my '83 FJ40. If I recall, you were the master of the 40 series carb rebuilds?? I was going to send you mine for a rebuild but never got around to it and then sold the truck.

I have to drive to Indy to pick up some wheels/tires for our Mini. Sounds like a crappy weather day though.

As for Fluid Film, I've been using it for a few years now on mine. 3 or 4 cans per year seems to do the trick. So far very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom