SOLD Central Coast, CA 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Original paint Matching# (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(111, 178, 51)
Vehicle History:
This U.S.1970 Fj40L-VA was sold originally by Deal and Davie Inc. (1107 Main Susanville, CA 96130) to Dean A. Spencer P.O. Box 802 Herlong, CA 96113. Purchased on 1-2-1971. Story goes, Mr. Spencer was quite the outdoorsman and specifically an avid fisherman. He had a cabin near Angels Camp, CA This was the home base for this FJ40. For roughly 40 years Mr. Spencer's main use for this vehicle was accessing fishing spots with his aluminum boat that was towed through the mountains by this fj40. Mr. Spencer sold the car to Jerry ***** out of Stockton, CA in 2000. Jerry told me it was so nice and original he had to have it, but had so many other projects including other fj40s that he decided to put it in storage where it sat for 19 years. "I just never got around to it.” I purchased it 01/2019 from Jerry ***** with 34,395 miles. I purchased the vehicle knowing it had not ran in 19 years and would take a lot of time and effort to make it a daily driver. With the battery pulled a decade ago and the brakes seized from sitting so long, we eventually got it out of the storage unit, onto my trailer, and that is where my ownership of this amazing vehicle begins.

This Unicorn 1970 Fj40 is almost all original. Matching Vin #s all around, original motor with less than 35k original miles, original S. Green paint, all the doors, hood, and roof are original.

What is not factory equipment were upgrades for making it a daily driver: Old Man Emu lift kit, Cruiser Corp seat cover, Fj60 master cylinder, Fj60 disc swop, and a modern 4 row radiator. I have kept most parts that were replaced. Toyota OEM parts were always used when possible. Otherwise I got my parts from either George at Valley Hybrids, Beno at Land Cruiser Carts and Consulting, or City Racer LLC.

As you can see in the photos there was 1/8” of dust on the car. First, a thorough car wash, new Interstate battery, gas tank and radiator were steam cleaned and inspected by local radiator shop. Original radiator needed to be completely rebuilt. I decided to go with a 4 row radiator replacement. Original radiator was kept. All fluids were drained and filled with new fluids. Fluids that came out were very clean. Replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, thermostat, belts, hoses, PCV valve, Fuel filter, and new fuel hoses. It fired right up with out issues. Next round was new rear transfer case seal, rebuilt parking brake, new brake booster replaced along with FJ60 brake master cylinder, Fj60 disc brake swop, rear brakes rebuilt with four new wheel cylinders and pads, new clutch master cylinder, new clutch slave, new intake / exhaust manifold gasket, swopped out the weber carb with a model correct carburetor w/ new cable and it was rebuilt by Mark’s Offroad. New weather door seals, vent seals, new OEM wheels and hub caps with brand new tires, OME Suspension, rebuilt seats and new seat covers.

$32,000 OBO
Thanks, Mike

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

gorgeous!

Very nice. Can we trouble you for a few more pics. Engine and undercarriage please.
Thanks. Will go fast...

Hey Mike, I'm just a few hours north of you, and I'm sending you my contact info. Your 40 may be a good addition to our family, lol. Jeff

This is the real deal cleanest low mile 40 you will find.... it’s a true time capsule.. and an honest seller as well!

Will whoever bought this post about a 1,000 pictures please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom