For Sale Central america 1983 hj47 pickup LHD

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
yellow
good morning,
Www.Landcruisermart.Com presents a 1983 toyota land cruiser hj47 pickup. Diesel ehgine 6 cyl Price in nicaragua: usd 14,000 plus my comission 25%, shipping, customs brokers and additional costs.
Pics:
received_603828044289122.jpeg
received_196641252640104.jpeg
received_622990702396521.jpeg
received_417428466677480.jpeg

20211115_212243.jpg

Cheers
Jorge

Last edited:

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
Really rare to come across a 47 like that in Nicaragua. Plenty of 47’s there but most are all used up. I have verified those bedsides being factory because I have seen a half dozen or more 47’s in Nicaragua with those, check the EPC folks, those are OG Toyota.

Should be drum brakes all around, no p/s and the H41 4spd, you can see tcase has the ebrake drum in his video. General country spec 47.

I have busted the sellers balls before, I am not vouching for him now. Buy at your own risk. This does look like a good Latin 47-series which is really hard to come by. I am sure it has bondo though if ever painted.

Cheers

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
That is a rare one for Nicaragua being that original and complete.

You should get video of the backside of the bedsides and rockers. Body mount under the firewall. Underside if floor pans. If there is rot, it will be there.

Cheers

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
Floor pans do look OG and solid. Not replaced or repaired which is extremely rare for Latin America. Latin America also didn’t get many if any FF rear axles in 40-series. So, ya know, this is a general spec HJ47. Bare bones compared to most markets for 1980-84. In fact I am really surprised it has A/C, no way to know if that is original or been retrofitted but I can tell ya that is really rare for a Latin HJ47, either way.

Seller is a flipper, a middle man. It’s risky business. He does not appear to be a Cruiserhead. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If the body is not rotten and full of bondo, if the frame is not cracked or repaired, its is a fairly solid Cruiser. Rust and shoddy body work + bondo would be the main concern here. Mechanicals can be rebuilt.

Watched the videos a few times though, this would be considered a “survivor” in Latin America. Obviously used on a ranch or farm by the videos. So it has done work and the bed floor probably shows it. Doesn’t mean it is wasted though and all used up. This 47-series is nearly 39yrs old and has survived a civil war. If it checks out, it’s a hard find for sure. It truly does look untouched for Latin America besides a repaint and possible engine rebuild. Obviously seats recovered and that doesn’t look like OG vinyl floor. Otherwise I see a lot of OG Toyota on this Cruiser.

Personally I have a bit if a soft spot for LHD 1980-84 HJ47 pickups. I like the dash, doors, hood, ebrake and overall late production 40-series pickups the most. If I was in Nicaragua and had $10-15k to blow on a Cruiser I would be at this rachers house tomorrow crawling over every inch of this 47.

Like I say the seller is a flipper but that doesn’t mean he won’t come across a good Cruiser from time to time. Landed for $20k in the USA this 47 to me seems to have potential. It’s under 200,000 miles for nearly 40yrs old, do the math on pre year miles. From my experience that is not a fudged speedo as far as roll back nor are rollbacks a thing in Latin America. Busted speedos, yup, thats Latin America. Sure HJ47’s can be found in Australia in good condition still but they are RHD and the cost these days is high. This is a farm truck, make no mistake, but appears to be a well kept one and is super hard to come by in LHD in the America’s not totally wasted. Like I say, I have seen many and they are all used up and worn out down south. 1 in a 1,000 are worth more than ten minutes of our time if looking to buy.

If this 47 is located in Northern Nicaragua I could offer a 3rd party inspection by people I trust. A buyer would have to get it to their shop though.

Only reason I am commenting so much is because I feel Cruisers speak for themselves. Obviously this seller is not trying very hard, that seems to be his business model. This one though is speaking to me a bit. I have a lot of experience in Latin America and with Cruisers down there. Coming across solid 40yr old Cruiser in Latin America these days is like watching a rocking horse take a dump! I have also hunted down south A LOT so it is cool to still see survivors pop up from time to time. I think this one may be just that, even if it has flaws.

@lamme1, I been telling you all along let the Cruiser speak for itself. They sell themselves if presented correctly. So ya, your latest 70-series Troopy offering sucks ballz compared to this HJ47. 🙄

Cheers

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Looking for a LHD FJ45 if you get another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom