Center Exhaust Help/??'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BJEC69

SILVER Star
Threads
After searching the forum, I am looking for some advice on replacing the center exhaust on my '03 100. I am an OEM parts guy, and not interested in an aftermarket alternative. Anyone have a recommendation on the best place to source the necessary parts? Would Cruiser Dan be my best bet? I am guessing that replacing the gaskets, clamps, hardware, and rubber insulators are a must as well. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!:cheers: Brendon

Are you talking about from the manifold to the muffler or from the collector to the muffler or . . .? If you are talking about the muffler, you may rethink OEM when you find out the price.

Are you talking about from the manifold to the muffler or from the collector to the muffler or . . .? If you are talking about the muffler, you may rethink OEM when you find out the price.
I guess it is between the cat, and the tail pipe. The list is $420.33. Hopefully I'll be able to find it at a discount. The P/N is 17403-50151 if anyone is interested. Thanks! :cheers: Brendon

I guess it is between the cat, and the tail pipe. The list is $420.33. Hopefully I'll be able to find it at a discount. The P/N is 17403-50151 if anyone is interested. Thanks! :cheers: Brendon

CDan. Or www.TRDParts4U.com (Toyota of Dallas)...they provide discounts to TLCA members I believe...and they provide excellent customer service (by experience!) .

what the heck is a center exhaust?

googled the p/n. Came out as a pipe subassembly in one place:
17403-50151 PIPE S/ASSY 30 $124.50
but also seen a ref as it being a muffler...

If it's just the pipe, any decent muffler shop and mock one up for you no problem way way cheaper.

If it's the muffler, put in a Magnaflow. Again, a good shop can help you pick out the right now. You can get them all the way from aggressive to OEM sound.

For most modern applications, I'd go with the Magnaflow. They have been winning me over the last few years. Combo of low cost and a nice crisp sound make it a solid.

If money is no object, go with a Corsa.

googled the p/n. Came out as a pipe subassembly in one place:
17403-50151 PIPE S/ASSY 30 $124.50
but also seen a ref as it being a muffler...

You should try toyodiy (you don't have to put in your VIN, I know you'd pick up on that). OEM muffler lists for ~$450.

You should try toyodiy (you don't have to put in your VIN, I know you'd pick up on that). OEM muffler lists for ~$450.

yup, it's also shown there as a muffler. But interestingly, they do indeed call it an "exhaust center" or something like that.

Thanks everyone for all of the info! TOYODIY.COM was where I got the term "exhaust center", that is how it was labeled in the parts diagram. So far, TOYOTAPARTSCHEAP.COM is the least expensive on the "muffler", but TRDPARTS4U.COM is cheaper on the gaskets, clamp, and hardware etc. I have not yet reached out to CDan because of the time difference. Thanks again for the input.:cheers: Brendon

You might want to check out an Aero Turbine. Leave the resonator in place and it should give you a little more sound. Aero's use a proprietary technology that incorporates and air foil to create a better flow while still acting as a muffler. Won't sound like a flowmaster 40 but might give it a little more bark. Smart stuff.

Aero Performance Exhaust Technology, Exhaust Systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom