Center Differential Lock Transfer Indicator Switch Problem (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just discovered I have this problem.

Found this web page that provides a good explanation/fix for the problem - Lexus LX470 (Toyota Landcruiser) 4WD Center Differential Lock Transfer Indicator Switch Problem

Anyone else ever had this problem, where the center differential locks, but the lights doesn't come on? And was the fix the same as this page describes?
instrumentPanel.2.jpg
IMG_7650.2.jpg

Mine could be this...Just haven't been too concerned because it still locks...Hmmmm...I will use the page as a reference to see what I can find out. Thanks much!!!

Mine locks too, but am concerned it could be pressed and I wouldn't know it. I guess I would soon know based on how it drives, but don't want to take that chance.

Today I pressed this button "4WD Center Differential lock", the light was switch on. What does it used for? I feel it is faster when start the car than before! But it is difficult to do turn at carpark! Anyone can explain? Thanks.

Link no workee. I get a 404 error.

Yeah 404 error on the link.

Is my CDL switch, by the radio, supposed to illuminate? My Dash lights work fine and indicate correctly but the little icon on the switch is just white or invisible if dark... That pic makes it look, lite up green.

Mine doesn't light up either. +1 on your question. Of course, the wheely light doesn't light up in my gauge cluster, either.

eric888: the CDL locks the front and rear axle together so you will have even torque over both front and rear wheels.

Weeniewheeler and blatant: I have the same. Light does switch on when pressed, not in the switch or on the dash. Even when going into low range the VSC OFF doesn't light up.

eric888: the CDL locks the front and rear axle together so you will have even torque over both front and rear wheels.

Weeniewheeler and blatant: I have the same. Light does switch on when pressed, not in the switch or on the dash. Even when going into low range the VSC OFF doesn't light up.

Maybe i'm over analyzing...

can you clarify what you mean by :::light does switch on when pressed, not in the switch or on the dash::: what does that mean? What "light" switches on?

Does that mean you push the button and NO lights happen at all but you get the lock?

"the dash button, you push, for cdl, does 'NOT' illuminate, is illuminated when turning on the running lights, is always illuminated or illuminates when pushed?" sorry to nit pick, just want to be clear. -- - from the pic above, that cdl light looks like it should illuminate, or is illuminated(lit up) like the seat heater switches... again my original question for what almost seems like a thread hi jack...

does the cdl button illuminate like the seat heater switches? Mine is always not lit and just white and invisible in dark w/o dome or feel.

I would like to clarify that my LX470 do not have any light on the lower part of dash. Yesterday I tried to press the button (Attached please find the image), the light with the cross will be switch on of the dash and the car was run very difference, seems running faster. Does the front wheel is unlocked? I confusing this! THANKS for all!

button.jpg

Maybe i'm over analyzing...

can you clarify what you mean by :::light does switch on when pressed, not in the switch or on the dash::: what does that mean? What "light" switches on? I meant to type "light does NOT on", meaning the light on the dash for the CDL does not come on when CDL is pressed.

Does that mean you push the button and NO lights happen at all but you get the lock? Not sure if the CDL is locking

"the dash button, you push, for cdl, does 'NOT' illuminate, is illuminated when turning on the running lights, is always illuminated or illuminates when pushed?" sorry to nit pick, just want to be clear. -- - from the pic above, that cdl light looks like it should illuminate, or is illuminated(lit up) like the seat heater switches... again my original question for what almost seems like a thread hi jack...

does the cdl button illuminate like the seat heater switches? Mine is always not lit and just white and invisible in dark w/o dome or feel.

I have replied in blue in your post.
It was illuminated before and it suddenly stopped. Before when i pressed the CDL button, the light on the dash came on and when I selected low gear the other lights on the dash for VSC OFF and another one which I can't remember illuminated. Not anymore.

Thanks for response. I will take an image later. What is the CDL button used for? Does it used for switching to 2wd? I remember lx470 is full time 4wd! :~

I attached the button and the light images. After pressing the button, the light on the dash is switched on.

20141209_190821.jpg

20141209_190916.jpg

thanks, i was just wondering if the button itself was back lit. Good luck!

Is the CDL button used for converting to 2wd? Anyone can explain? Can I use this for all of time? Thanks :)

CDL button locks transfer case for 50/50 4x4. These trucks are full time 4x4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom