Center diff switch on 4H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a new center diff switch on my '95 80 and when I plugged it in it was on center diff lock. I clicked the switch a few times, drove it around and it never has disengaged. tried the backing up trick and nothing. I do have factory lockers and not sure that the problem is. I exercised the lockers a few weeks back at SCC and everything worked as intended. Not sure what's wrong.

Hard to say. Try removing the switch and replacing the jumper wire plug and see it it disengages. Might be a bad switch.

You said you're in 4H? you need to do the pin7 mod for the switch to work in 4H.

Pin 7 is to be able to run in 4LO without the cdl locked. The cdl switch lets you engage the center locker in high gear. Not sure why it won't disengage or turn off. I think I remember having something like that happen to me when I first installed mine. Try turning off the switch and turn off the vehicle and then start her up again. Maybe try engaging the CDL with the transfer case moved to 4lo and then dissengage it. Did you try actually moving the vehicle to see if the CDL is actually locked?

Pin 7 is to be able to run in 4LO without the cdl locked. The cdl switch lets you engage the center locker in high gear. Not sure why it won't disengage or turn off. I think I remember having something like that happen to me when I first installed mine. Try turning off the switch and turn off the vehicle and then start her up again. Maybe try engaging the CDL with the transfer case moved to 4lo and then dissengage it. Did you try actually moving the vehicle to see if the CDL is actually locked?
I did and it is. I did disconnect the switch and put the jumper back and it did unlock, but if I plug the switch in, it automatically engages cdl. Tried driving around, pushing the button, going 4lo, back to neutral. Stays locked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom