Center diff lock question for 80 series diesel conversion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a manual HDJ80 ( 1990 or 1991 drive train, 1HDT, H150F manual, don't know the transfer case specs) come with a center diff lock? I assume it would be on the transfer case...or was the center diff lock introduced later?

If one were to put that drive train into a fully locked 96 US 80 series, would one get the center diff lock to work?

thanks everyone!

cheers,
jan

most of our 90 or 91 are part time .. if that the case you should need to wire the actuator in the t-case to engage it and make part time .. ( CDL )

most of our 90 or 91 are part time .. if that the case you should need to wire the actuator in the t-case to engage it and make part time .. ( CDL )

The truck has a manual front hub conversion.
I guess I need to look at the transfer and figure out what is going on. When I shift to 4L no light comes on in the dash. same when I hit the center diff button-no dash light.
I have not tested whether 4WD is even working.
cheers,
Jan

The truck has a manual front hub conversion.
I guess I need to look at the transfer and figure out what is going on. When I shift to 4L no light comes on in the dash. same when I hit the center diff button-no dash light.
I have not tested whether 4WD is even working.
cheers,
Jan

Hey Jan,
My understanding is that the U.S. model year AWD 91-92 FJ80's had the manual center diff lock switch which basically allowed you to run in 4WD high range. Otherwise it was basically running in AWD mode.

In 4L the center diff lock was automatically engaged.

Since you no longer have AWD I am not sure why the CDL is there?

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom