Center diff issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey so I have a bit of a weird issue with my 2000 LX470. So if I hit the center diff lock button the usual VSC off and center diff like will come up on the dash but the diff isn't locking. I can still drive normally on pavement yet my Atrac still works. Anybody have any idea on how I can fix this?

When you press the CDL button and go in reverse with full steering lock, will the rig come to a stop on its own?

Do you hear the relay clicking from roughly the glovebox area?

My next diagnosis step would be to check for the correct values (with a multimeter) at the end of the plug that goes into the electrical receptacle on the transfer case. May need the FSM and/or EWD for guidance.

Separate the issue to inside the transfer case or further upstream.

My next diagnosis step would be to check for the correct values (with a multimeter) at the end of the plug that goes into the electrical receptacle on the transfer case. May need the FSM and/or EWD for guidance.

Separate the issue to inside the transfer case or further upstream.
alright thats going to be a pain but thanks for the advice

Don't discount the methods of replacing random parts or trusting the Magic 8 ball. Those approaches always seem to be less efficient for me, YMMV

Last edited:
alright thats going to be a pain but thanks for the advice
It’s really not. Lay on your back under the t-case, unplug the connection at the center diff, test both sides of the connector with multimeter. Takes 3 minutes total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom