Center Diff button missing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.triadhelpdesk.com
Ok, not sure here if I am supposed to have this button or not? I have a 93 with factory e-Lockers front and rear and they work fine/4LOW, etc.

But there is a HOLE in the dash where the Central Diff button is for other folks? Would an e-locked cruiser ALSO have that button or?

If so, can it simply be ordered (and find where the cable goes/hook it up to work?)

The reason I am asking, I am doing a beach trip in May, and 4 HIGH is actually the "correct" place to be. I know the Cruzr is "Full time 4wd" etc but without that center diff (vcoupler) locked I am not sure how well it will really do?

I know I can go 4 LOW and then lock in the front/rear diffs (or just rear) and be truly 4wd but that maybe overkill for just cruising down the beach?

Thanks for any help / thoughts!!

Sam

91/92 had the switch (but no e-lockers), 93 and up didn't have the switch from the factory (e-locked or not) but you can add it in. You can get it from Slee or CDan, install it very easy, the wiring harness is in there, just find it, pull off the terminal cap, plug in your CDL switch. The button for the 93/94 is different than the 95+, different dash layout.

91/92 had the switch (but no e-lockers), 93 and up didn't have the switch from the factory (e-locked or not) but you can add it in.

The 93-94 without rear FFA and discs also had the switch. FFA and discs became standard equipment in the 95 model year.

93 and up didn't have the switch from the factory (e-locked or not) but you can add it in.

I must have the exception vehicle. I have a 94 with rear drums and center diff lock switch. No lockers so I guess it's like a 91-92. I highly doubt that the previous owner put the center diff lock switch in because it was one of those soccer mom trucks.

I must have the exception vehicle. I have a 94 with rear drums and center diff lock switch. No lockers so I guess it's like a 91-92. I highly doubt that the previous owner put the center diff lock switch in because it was one of those soccer mom trucks.

Didn't we speculate that you also probably don't have a viscous coupler? Just trying to remember.

Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom