1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Center diff actuator replace/repair?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

After much trial and error of trying to get my cetner diff lock to work so i can actually lock my front and rear diffs i have decided i will take it to a shop to check it out. I'm not 100% sure if its the acuator for the CDL but i'm betting it is. Does anyone have any idea of how much it may cost to fix this. of course if ioverlooked a connection it may cost nothing but if it is going to involve rebuilding part of CDL system i'm just curious as to how much it may cost. If anyone has a ball park figure that would be great. i'm not looking for any exact just rough like under 500, over 500, over 1000. Thanks

2. landtoy80

landtoy80

I don't know how much $$$ for the actuator but if is anything like the rear diff actuator it will be in the $500 to $1000 range. That is if Toyota will sell it.

3. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

I know of a dog shy fellow who might have one if you need it. I was diagnosing my cdl(still fighting with it) and he had one with a damaged wiring plug. if it is the actuator I think the list price was 350 ish not sure though give cdan a call and see. as far as testing it the procedure is pretty easy and outlined in a similar thread yesterday. might want to check it first as it is a spendy unit.
    Dave