Center dif lock light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the CDL light come on when you trun the key on?
My light doesn't come on when the key is on, when the CLD switch is pushed and when I put it in Low:'(
I can hear the actuator lock with through the radio on a weak station :eek:
The light must be out :doh:

could be your CDL sensor switch.
If you're actually *locking* but just not showing on the dash, that's probably it...
I think mine is bad also.

this is a recent thread issue, see if you can find it. (I don't have a link right now)

My other two diff lock lights light up when I turn the key on,so you would think all three would light up.
But if there is a problem with the CDL would the bulb on dash light up when you turn the key on?

My CDL light aslo does not come on when i turn the key. actually my cdl light does not come on or even kick in when i put the truck in low for that matter. i think a wire is disconnected somewhere, or at least hope its something that simple.

The dash lights should come on when you first start the truck, this is a bulb check. If a system is disabled I'd expect the bulb to stay lit. Such as when you are locked the ABS light comes on. Do either of you see that light come on when your t-case is locked? If so I'd think it's just the bulb.

A quick mechanical check is to place the truck in low range so the center diff should be locked (normal config). Then after blocking the tires place the transmission on neutral, lift one tire off the ground and try turning it. If the t-case is locked the tire won't rotate.

It must be the bulb is out. THe ABS light does come on.THe CDL light worked a couple of weeks ago. I just never noticed if all three diff light came on with the key.

on startup, my ABS light comes on, but not the CDL light. i'm trying to figure out if it (CDL) is even engaging in 4L, cause the ABS doesn't come on in 4L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom