Center dash vent relocation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would take some doing, probably custom built composite duct work and 3d printed parts, but it does appear there might be enough room for it. Duct would have to take a hard/tight left that would probably restrict airflow a bit.

20210816_165449.jpg

There is someone who had posted pictures of this already on here. I don't remember who or when but someone did it.

There is someone who had posted pictures of this already on here. I don't remember who or when but someone did it.
I remember someone putting it in the regular double din spot and where it covers up other buttons. But that's all I remember seeing. Maybe I missed the one you saw.
It would take some doing, probably custom built composite duct work and 3d printed parts, but it does appear there might be enough room for it. Duct would have to take a hard/tight left that would probably restrict airflow a bit.

View attachment 3124644
Vintage air has some nice flexible universal ducting. I'm thinking remove the upper duct, cap it off. Install two ports in the side of that lower duct piece left over. I'm not sure how to make the grills in the double din area not look hacked up though. Could used some oem grills but I'm not sure it would look very good. Anyway just a thought.

I remember someone putting it in the regular double din spot and where it covers up other buttons. But that's all I remember seeing. Maybe I missed the one you saw.
I remember that too but no that isn't the one I am talking about. Maybe search for "put the radio in the vents" or something. I remember that it wasn't a bad looking job

I remember that too but no that isn't the one I am talking about. Maybe search for "put the radio in the vents" or something. I remember that it wasn't a bad looking job
Yeah, someone already did it. User name escapes me though. They had one of those big floating headunits.

Yeah, someone already did it. User name escapes me though. They had one of those big floating headunits.
Projectsnmotion may be who you’re thinking of.
Hopefully this helps your project, @White Stripe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom